Vitamuffins/Vitabrownies....

Options
Just curious if anyone has tried them and has an opinion in either direction? I stumbled across the site today and from what I could see they appear to be low cal/fat and packed with fiber, protein and vitamins....... AND I didnt notice any artificial ingredients or preservatives.

I have an incurable sweet tooth and I was thinking of giving this a try as an alternative to the occasional stack of Christmas cookies lol

All feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I tried the Vitamuffin Velvety Chocolate and it's not to bad...
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is that they were horrible -- dry and tasteless are the *nicest* things I can say about them. I know how you feel, as I also have a bit of a sweet tooth; my solution has been to bake homemade. The ingredients are always fresh, there are oodles of low-fat recipes out there that actually TASTE good, and as long as you enjoy them in moderation you'll be fine.

If you think that making your own will result in too many goodies around the house... I've found that no one ever says "no" to homemade treats. Sharing is a good thing :)
  • Bryan190
    Options
    I like them topped with yogurt.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yeah- thats why I DONT bake! lol Then I rationalize that I cant let it go to waste..... so I plow down the whole pan of brownies for lunch.... haha
    Giving it away is a MUCH better option :)
  • Bryan190
    Options
    They're easy to try, since a lot of grocery stores sell them. If you like them, Costco has the best price.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the deep chocolate vitatop - I haven't tried the other varieties because I like the chocolate so much. :laugh:
    I like to pop it in the toaster to make it a little crispy around the edges, then microwave it for 5-10 seconds to heat it all the way through (it's a little thick for the toaster). Mmmmm... That type, at least, is plenty moist and delicious. Everyone I've shared them with has loved them as well - and 100 calories/top you can't beat!
  • lindseyelyzabeth
    lindseyelyzabeth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm really surprised at all of the negative responses - i love them! every flavor i've tried!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate one and wasn't impressed. To me it tasted fake, whatever that means.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    I absolutely love the Deep Chocolate Vitatops.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm like you with the sweet tooth! But I'm cheap and VitaTops aren't, so I've never tried them.

My favorite chocolate fix is the Cooking Light cocoa fudge cookies -- here's a link to the recipe:
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000226790

FYI - I use vanilla yogurt instead of plain yogurt & vanilla.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    ... and the cocoa fudge cookies are great for freezing, so you don't have the "hurry and eat them" guilt trip!
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    I've only tried the Banana Nut and thought they were awful. Hardly any banana flavor, dry and grainy. I've considered trying the chocolate, but the banana was so bad I haven't bothered.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeee the vitatops so much. I thought they were delicious. They help my killer sweet tooth. Surprised to hear some saying they suck lol

favs are deep chocolate and cranbran
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have the double chocolate muffin tops & I love them! Add a TB of Fat Free Cool Whip & it's dessert :flowerforyou:
  • Nancyjsp
    Options
    My whole family loves them!!!!!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have only ever had the chocolate kind, and I think they are delicious!!! I microwave them for longer than they say to, so they get super hot and soft. Yum yum. =)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these! I can't believe all the negative responses, but everyone has their opinion :) I love all the flavors except the bran ones. They are so moist and delicious! I love the banana nut, deep chocolate, choc mint, choc and pb and the brownies, soo yummy! I see some people heat theirs, idk why but I like mine cold lol....I'm weird i guess.
  • jasoe
    jasoe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love them! I cut them in half, put truwhip un between, then freeze them. Tastes like an ice cream sandwich!