Question!!

MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I recently bought a Polar FT4 HRM and love it.
For Christmas, I got EA active sports 2 for the wii that comes with an HRM incl.
The other day i was working out using EA sports active but still had on my Polar HRM at the same time. I did the workout and at the end, checked both. EA active says that I burned 114 calories in the workout whereas my Polar HRM said 310. In that instance which do you go by?? Which would have been most accurate?

Replies

• Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    I just got a Polar FT40 HRM for Christmas myself, so I'm no expert but I'd go with the Polar because I believe it to be more accurate.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I'd go with the one that uses the chest strap for accuracy.:flowerforyou: If neither have a chest strap, you'd probably want to consider purchasing one to go along with your Polar as it's far more accurate using one.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    My Polar FT4 has a chest strap!! I was just reading reviews and they say that the EA HRM only tracks during the workouts, not in the time between workouts (where your heart rate is still elevated) etc. I think I'll keep my Polar HRM on as well and use that reading. It'll probably be more accurate for what I'm doing. Hopefully anyways.
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    My Personal Trainer tells me to go with the Polar Heart Monitor and disregard what the heart rate readings are on the exercise equipment in the gym. I think there is a toll free telephone number where you can call Polar with any questions.
This discussion has been closed.