Exercise Schedule

Options
My workouts are getting pretty tedious (ie: not much variety). I'm switching up cardio with strength training, but I find myself doing the same routine weekly. My options are a little limited (my lower back doesn't cooperate with some exercises).

What is everybody doing for their workouts? Or does anybody know a good website with the ability to help set up workout schedules? Any & all good ideas would be helpful.

Replies

• Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My workouts are getting pretty tedious (ie: not much variety). I'm switching up cardio with strength training, but I find myself doing the same routine weekly. My options are a little limited (my lower back doesn't cooperate with some exercises).

What is everybody doing for their workouts? Or does anybody know a good website with the ability to help set up workout schedules? Any & all good ideas would be helpful.
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    For the next few weeks I'm doing the exercise schedule on the nivea site. I needed a new workout routine, especially now that I'm home from college without a gym. If you have lower back pain some of the circuit may have to be substituted for you.

The website it...

www.niveachallenge.com
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Dance cardio is always fun...I like bellydance...here's a website that has inexpensive dance DVDs, instruction and cardio: Salso, Flamenco, Hip Hop, Bellydance, etc.

www.worlddancenewyork.com
  • Life_is_Good
    Options
    For the next few weeks I'm doing the exercise schedule on the nivea site. I needed a new workout routine, especially now that I'm home from college without a gym. If you have lower back pain some of the circuit may have to be substituted for you.

The website it...

www.niveachallenge.com

Alot of info on this website - great link - Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Life_is_Good
    Options
    Dance cardio is always fun...I like bellydance...here's a website that has inexpensive dance DVDs, instruction and cardio: Salso, Flamenco, Hip Hop, Bellydance, etc.

Alot of choices - which would you recommend? Took basic salsa lessons in Mexico, it was a ton of fun. Do you know which one would focus on Salsa?
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    You could always just do Zumba, a fitness program inspired by Latin dance. Zumba combines Latin rhythms with cardiovascular exercise to create an aerobic routine that is fun and easy to follow.

Inspired by Latin dance and music, Zumba uses a variety of styles in its routines, including cumbia, merengue, salsa, reggaeton, mambo, rumba, flamenco, and calypso. Music selections include both fast and slow rhythms to help tone and sculpt the body.
  • FatDancer
    Options

Alot of choices - which would you recommend? Took basic salsa lessons in Mexico, it was a ton of fun. Do you know which one would focus on Salsa?

I'm sure anything that looks interesting to you will be great...I'm partial to bellydance because it combines cardio and toning.
  • FatDancer
    Options
    Whoops! I didn't read your question right...let me go look and I'll be back!
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I walk my dog everyday 30-60 min. Yoga one day, weights the next, yoga the next day, jillian michaels biggest winner dvd the next, then do it all over again. I throw in jogging on treadmill, bike rides, jumprope, dance dvd, belly dancing dvd randomly. The yoga, weights, and biggest loser dvd are my main things. I've come to learn that it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you do something. Now that I'm much more active I find it easier to have fun with it. Do what makes you happy and something you can have fun with :happy:

Kels
  • FatDancer
    Options
    The closest I could find to salsa at that website was,"The Samba Reggae Workout"...Samba burns alot more calories than Salsa.

To find good Salsa you could do a search for Salsa Fitness DVDs...you might look at: www.amazon.com as well...they have a great variety of dance fitness DVDs in all price ranges.
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Depends what type of back problems you have. I have sciatica, but it is affected by compression and the stronger I make my core the better it is. I love to do a lot of my exercises on the ball and free weights along with machines. Depends on what you have available. You can also break up the strength training by doing pyramids, high/low weights. May also be worth getting a personal training session once a month and having them help you.
  • Life_is_Good
    Options
    Thanks everybody... I kinda like the dance video idea.
    Foxfire - Sorry if I sound ignorant, but what are pyramids?
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I do elliptical, swim, & walk, each twice a week. Swimming should be pretty easy on your back.
  • mary1127
    mary1127 Posts: 37
    Options
    fitnessmag.com they have lots of workouts and you can design your own. lots of good info.
  • mary1127
    mary1127 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm sorry it is fitnessmagazine.com