I've lost all my friends, too

But it must be said that friends I had only one!

Okay. Now I can introduce myself.
Now, not before. I had to wait a few weeks to see if MFP worked.

It is not my first attempt (for weight loss). For one reason or another, an attempt is made, then another, and then maybe another. Losing weight for me is more difficult than most of the people: this depends on genetic factors and by my lifestyle.
Our body – at our eyes and those of others - is a "visit card" and we have to take care of it; say it is not right? I do not care if it’s right or wrong, it just IS.
If you do not know, losing weight requires some patience and above all perseverance. You cannot lose weight in a week… you have to be very consistent in what you do.
Otherwise here is that you happen to miss the training session, and give yourself a damn snack that seems very little, but then, on the other hand, it makes you become a Big Belly. We should actually find the right "mix" between aerobic component and nutritional component: in my opinion MFP can be used, but with some care.
I have set a 1200 Kcal diet, respecting 50% carbohydrate, 30% fat and 20% protein. At the beginning of August, my BMI was just under 30, it is now just under 25: I'm finally normal weight but (and this is the thing that interests me the most) I no longer take antihypertensive drugs. I have no more back pain.
I want to lose another 3 Kg ... I’ll reach the finish line at the end of October (so I hope).

If someone wants to support my efforts and cheer for me, will be welcome.

I'd rather post in English because I like the multi-ethnic environments. If my English is not perfect, patience, for those who want to understand will be the same. Italians are often whining, do not have humor - really! - and are offended by anything. I like to joke instead. So the diet weighs less.

Replies

• Petzwv
    Petzwv Posts: 24 Member
    Well, your English is better than my Italian :-)

I've tried aerobics for many yrs. and not been real successful. So now, I've started weight training--light weights at the moment but can see results already :-) Plus a lot less time per session!

Diet's a BIG deal! I've started using the idea of the Mediterranean way of eating Something I used to do 40 years ago when I lived in Italy!

Over the years I've gotten lazy and stopped cooking from scratch plus going out to fast food Restaurants way too much!! When I was cooking it was more meat, butter and starch than anything else :-) So a life style change, but an exciting one :-)

Maybe when I get a bit stronger and a bit lighter I'll reward myself with another visit to Italy. My favorite area, Toscana,essere più specifici...Firenze :-)
  • melody842
    melody842 Posts: 15 Member
    hey first congrats on ur weight loss :)
    i know what u are saying about the snack thing i can so relate to it and im struggling to loose that habbit!!
    just now i had one and im horrified to know that it gave me around 250 cal..
    kill me now!!

anyways cheers and support for you :) keep up the good work and loose those last calories!!