HCG

Options
2»

Replies

• chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Simple and point blank: Fad diets do not work!

Oh, but poster, I lost 17 pounds in 3 days.

How'd that work out for you?

I uhh, gained it all back and then some, but that was my fault for not continuing on their plan.

If your diet has a name, it's a fad and it sucks. If you have to exchange this group of food for that, take supplements, do not exercise, skip meals, or drink meals, it's a fad and it sucks. If you have to spend money on their foods.....right, fad and sucks.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I've got a friend who was a guinea pig for the hcg diet, locally. He's lost roughly 200lbs. He's kept it off for, I guess about 3 years now- BUT, he also works for the FNP who does the hcg, he (my friend) advertises the hcg, and works for the gym as well. So, I believe that's a big reason he's kept the weight off. I have to give credit where credit is due. He has put in a LOT of hard work and hours at the gym working out, and dedication to overhauling his lifestyle with eating, but I know these results are NOT typical. I don't know if he were not working with the FNP and at the gym if he would've had these results?

He tried to get me to take the injections and I was not about to. I had SEVERE PPD after I had my daughter bordering on PPP. I was terrified of having ANY pregnancy hormones injected into me, for fear of suffering from that horrible depression again. It wasn't a risk I was willing to take.

I was just fine with the way things were going, and still am. It's been a long process, but I'm happy with my results.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    "homeopathic HCG"
    Two, two, two pseudosciences in one!
    Make it homeopathic bigfoot HCG,add in some chakras, a Q-Ray bracelet and we'll have a naturopath's "wellness centre" bingo.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's impossible not to lose weight on a 500 calorie a day diet. The relevant questions are 1) did the hcg-whatever do anything that the deficit didn't do? 2) is eating only 500 calories a day the healthiest, most effective way to lose weight?

The answer is looking to be 'no', for both.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist doesn't like VLCDs because of the increased risk of getting gallbladder stones. Yeah... I don't want gallbladder stones. I'm sure you can find that information on the internet.
  • Hbhappygirl
    Hbhappygirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disagree with all you naysayers, but HCG diet does work. I recently lost 21 pounds and am keeping it off. This was after my second child andi am now in my early 40s. Its been 1 year for me. The diet was easy, i didnt feel starving all the time, and the weight has stayed off.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I did it....

Than got off it and gained it all back + some, messed up m metabolism so badly it still is messed 3yrs later!, and I felt/looked like poo because I was weak.

Now I'm here, doing it right , eating whatever the hell I want and feeling good+ looking good!

The people who keep doing it keep doing it because they have no choice, you go off and pre much instantly start gaining. Trust me!!! 1x biggest number in world not worth it! Do you have any idea how hard it is to fix your metabolism at that point ?! Its the worst :(
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Sorry to disagree with all you naysayers, but HCG diet does work. I recently lost 21 pounds and am keeping it off. This was after my second child andi am now in my early 40s. Its been 1 year for me. The diet was easy, i didnt feel starving all the time, and the weight has stayed off.

The diet itself works because you are eating 500 calories (starvation levels) but the HCG pills/shots/etc.. have all been proven to be ineffective. You lose weight but depending on how lean you are, up to 50% or more will be from muscle, which means you will have a slower metabolism, making long term sustainment very difficult.
  • Flora_k
    Flora_k Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It is such a dangerous fad diet and left me with numerous health issues. More than a year later, I wonder if the multiple kidney infections I've had since are related. My doctor said this diet is known for harming the kidneys and other organs. It's a starvation diet. If the drops contain a measurement like 3x, 6x, 12x, etc..., those are homeopathic dilutions. After 12x or so, there's no trace of hCG and 'emphasizes' spiritual healing. I'm not into all that new age jargon so this was eye opening for me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathic_dilutions The worst of it is, even if you are lucky and end up not harming your body, it makes so many people fatter than when they started. Not a fan. Not a fan at all.
  • rcontr7
    rcontr7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This diet is so so dangerous!! I did it (shots, like an idiot) and while I lost a lot of weight, my hair started falling out and I was so anxious and obsessive all the time I couldn't even stand to be in my own skin. Eating healthy and working out is the best way to go about weight loss - keep your hair, health and sanity. That diet is SCARY. Anything that sounds too good to be true probably is. Including HCG.
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a research scientist. We inject frogs with hcg to induce them to lay eggs. No way I'm putting that stuff in my body.