Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stuck at 200lb!

I'm stuck at 200lb! I'm 5'8...so I carry my weight well but still would like to lose a few pounds!!!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    How is your nutrition? Are you hitting an appropriate calorie goal every day? Are you logging your food accurately? What are your macros? How are you exercising?

We really need some more information to help you out.

Allan
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    How long have you been stuck? Are you eating enough? Are you logging everything accurately? What about your water intake?
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    The secret is..... keep eating at a deficit. That's it. Eventually you will lose more weight. There is just no way to *make* your body lose at the rate you want or when you want. It will happen if you are tracking your food accurately and give it time. I used to think that getting old meant I couldn't lose weight. Nope, same deal at my age. Eat less than you burn and at some point and whatever rate, you shrink.
  • IsaCaliBel
    IsaCaliBel Posts: 99 Member
    Make sure your calories/macro goals are correct. If you measure your portions using cups and spoons, may be time to invest in a food scale to get more accurate measurements.

73529108.png
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    How is your nutrition? Are you hitting an appropriate calorie goal every day? Are you logging your food accurately? What are your macros? How are you exercising?

We really need some more information to help you out.

Allan
    This! You told us very little other than that your weight is stuck. This is always a problem of calories being consumed being higher then calories being burned but without more info, we can't identify why that is happening or advise how to correct it.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Its too bad we can't "Wish away" weight. Eating under calories and adding exercise to help drive that offset works wonders. Its the whole point of MFP. Know what you are consuming.. make sure that number is lower than your what you burn in a day.

Works awesome!!

Setting a goal, and driving to that enthusiastically has worked for me in a very short amount of time. I guess dedication is the point here. :)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Or its a problem of patience, or lack of.
    This! You told us very little other than that your weight is stuck. This is always a problem of calories being consumed being higher then calories being burned but without more info, we can't identify why that is happening or advise how to correct it.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    You're stuck because you're trying things like Whole30 instead of counting your calories and eating everything in moderation. My guess is that you're severely restricting and then binging based on what I've seen you post.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    IMO I think your goal should be in the 135-150 range.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    IMO it is very difficult to impossible to carry 200lb well on a 5'8 frame. I think your goal should be in the 135-150 range.

She didn't ask for your opinion on her goal. Nor did she even MENTION her ultimate goal weight.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Or its a problem of patience, or lack of.
    I guess it depends on her definition of stuck. Stuck for a week is a patience problem, stuck for a month or two is a calorie problem....So much speculation, WHERE DID YOU GO OP!!!! lol
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Eat less and/or exercise more. All the mot ridiculously complicated concepts always come back to those two things.

If you've been trying lots of fad diets, but have never tried eating a healthy, balanced diet and exercising, try that. :)
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    IMO it is very difficult to impossible to carry 200lb well on a 5'8 frame. I think your goal should be in the 135-150 range.

She didn't ask for your opinion on her goal. Nor did she even MENTION her ultimate goal weight.

so? Its my opinion.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    I was stuck at 200 for a few weeks (the first time I lost weight) I just had to refocus myself, adjust my calorie in take and step it up on the activity level.

Ultimately, I broke through that wall: Calories in vs Calories out.

The secret to it all (which isn't really secret) is consistency!

You can do it!