No Regrets

Options
I had two donuts and a cup of coffee for breakfast. I regret nothing.

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Were they good donuts? If I had 2 donuts and they weren't amazing I'd regret that I didn't have better donuts!!!!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Were they good donuts? If I had 2 donuts and they weren't amazing I'd regret that I didn't have better donuts!!!!
    This. I am spoiled by my local bakery. Anything less is not worth it!

Now I want a doughnut....hmmmmm
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I took my kids for donut holes last weekend and ate a few myself. I didn't regret it either :happy:
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options

This happens to me at work all the time. Someone will buy a box of generic donuts or cookies from walmart and offer me one. I always pass. They say "Oh yeah, your dieting right?" Being polite I say "Something like that, yeah". Meanwhile I'm thinking "I'd eat the hell out of some bakery donuts of homemade cookie but those store boughts are just not worth my precious calories!".
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I agree the only regret would be if they were shi##y donuts. Life is too short for that.

29509743.png[/url
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

This happens to me at work all the time. Someone will buy a box of generic donuts or cookies from walmart and offer me one. I always pass. They say "Oh yeah, your dieting right?" Being polite I say "Something like that, yeah". Meanwhile I'm thinking "I'd eat the hell out of some bakery donuts of homemade cookie but those store boughts are just not worth my precious calories!".
    Seriously! Wasting calories on crappy food would be the only thing I regret.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I had one of those apple pie dealies from Dunkin Donuts today. It was good, not great. I make better pie but now that I've tried it, I don't have to anymore. But I ate it and moved on.

Same with the Panera Bear Claw. It's good, I've had like three total and I don't need it anymore.

If someone offers me a Dunkin Donuts regular glazed donut, I always say yes. No regrets. (It doesn't happen often though and I don't usually buy donuts.)
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

Preach it!
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    So good for me to hear this - I *used to* buy into all-or-nothing thinking about food, and all it got me was years of gaining and losing the same darned 20 pounds. Now trying a different way: I can PLAN to eat it if I really, really, really LOVE it.

Friend brought homemade baked cheesecake to a gathering, I slowly savored a slim slice ... OMG just fantastic. Had it been a prefab crust and a refrigerated filling, would not have been worth the calories!!

NO REGRETS!
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    We have a bakery around my office and they started making their version of the cronut and my only regret is that I didn't buy another one for later.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Now I want donut.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had some chips and bread I kind of regret it but i am glad the coffee shop were out of my muffins.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Now I want donut.

Dang it....me too!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgcPK6WXAvqzd8uRi3WjF2vbmv4DD_mnIC9wyywTJyuPnVhK_F
  • MissLeelooDallas
    MissLeelooDallas Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you google the Lard Lad doughnut they sell at Universal Studios Fl, you'll see the monsterous doughnut I had last week. It was amazing and I regret nothing.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Say two Hail Marys and drink a protein shake and all will be forgiven. :tongue:
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    maybe I will walk over and pick up a doughnut after work......although he usually sells out of my favorite by 10 am.....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a store that sells donuts that are worth the calories yet. Whole Foods used to have amazing ones, but they don't carry them anymore sadly. Hmm I should try Wegman's... their bakery stuff is always delicious.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    maybe I will walk over and pick up a doughnut after work......although he usually sells out of my favorite by 10 am.....

Love this, at the very least you'll get in and extra walk!

I completely agree on eating things that are worth it, once in a while I want that DD cinnamon coffee cake muffin and you know what when I have it I don't regret it. I have learned I cannot combine it with a pumpkin spice latte though........wow way to much of a sugar hit for my system. Now take me "home" to where the fresh baked goodies are made by the best hands ever and I'll walk/run my butt however far it takes to burn off those calories again totally worth it.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options

They were amazing. Fresh? They were still warm. Yes from my local bakery.