Speaking of Dreams....

Options
Anybody else out there have "realistic" dreams?

Example: I dreamt that I was at work, doing normal work duties, interacting with colleagues...woke up and I felt like I had already been at work.

I have never had a "fantasy" style dream.

Feel free to share your dreams and maybe we can figure out what they all mean ????

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I had a dream a week ago that I had cancer, had to tell all of my family, and I felt myself die in my dream, like fade out into nothingness and get all cold, but I could still see my family after I was gone. It was so horrible, and so vivid. :cry:
  • Thatbigaussieguy
    Thatbigaussieguy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    They are pretty distressing...had similar dreams myself
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I dont remember dreaming, but the ones that I actually remember are very vivid..

I had a similar one recently as branflakes198, but I didnt die in it..
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Anybody else out there have "realistic" dreams?

Example: I dreamt that I was at work, doing normal work duties, interacting with colleagues...woke up and I felt like I had already been at work.

I've had dreams like that, where I get up and get ready for work, only to wake up and have to do it again. I don't like those dreams.

Usually my dreams are pretty bizarre, when I can remember them.
  • azlifah95
    azlifah95 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I had a dream that I took a nap and in that nap, I dreamt. So it was like triple inception because it was the same setting in which I had taken a nap. Apparently, I was late for school or something and in that dream, I had woken up when it was dark. I woke up for real and it was bright out. I felt even more tired than if I hadn't napped. haha

I've had A LOT of fantasy dream and they were all so bloody awesome and vivid, I end up waking up feeling super happy. One of my favourite dream;

I'm in a pirate ship. The waters are unsettling and the clouds are dark. The ship is rocking hard from side to side that people are getting thrown overboard. Bodies are slamming against the ship and as much as I wanted to help my crew members, I can't because I need all my energy to gain footing and to balance myself. To make matters worse, we are under attack. I recklessly slash at the little evil flying bird-like things. A roar later, I see a huge dragon preparing to sink its talon into my sail and mast. I made a decision to reach the deck. I had to fight it off somehow. We are rapidly declining in numbers and the future looks bleak. But suddenly, out of nowhere, a loud cry is heard from the sky. A phoenix, the same size as the dragon, has flames enveloping its body. It suck a lot of air, brace itself and fly toward the dragon with its talons and breathed fire at it. The dragon got hurt badly and retreated. The sky became clear and the choppy waters became still immediately. You can hear the birds chirping. That's the end of my dream.
  • Thatbigaussieguy
    Thatbigaussieguy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm so envious...I would love to have a dream like that. I have dreamt I was on a boat, sitting around fishing and drinking beers with a few mates....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Mine are predominantly about sex or violence.

Back in the 80's I had a recurring dream that a good friend of mine (female) was being attacked in a gymnasium. I would rush down this oddly placed set of stairs to help her. I would fight the guy, but my punches and kicks were ineffective. I would finally quit trying to hit him and always ended up ripping his throat out with my teeth. It was quite realistic and went on for several years.
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have, several times but my dreams (the ones I can remember) range from realistic to pure fantasy (I'm a gamer). I seem to have a lot of nightmares if my husband doesn't sleep with me, those tend to be awful.
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I hate the realistic, mundane dreams because I always wake up exhausted. I'm typically a lucid dreamer so I'm aware I'm dreaming as soon as I drift into a dream, but really, I think the big giveaway is that my "usual" dreams are so out of the world bizarre and violent I *know* I'm dreaming. I can't even say I have nightmares anymore I'm so used to these types of dreams.

The mundane dreams of day-to-day stuff is what throws me off - sometimes it's like Inception - a dream within a dream within a dream... It's so much worse for me when I fall asleep in public places while having these dreams - done it in class (college) and while driving (scary as hell) because you're not 100% sure if you're actually awake or still dreaming.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    OMG, it would drive me bonkers to have a dream about going to work and then wake up and have to go to work! The most realistic ones I have are weird flashback to college like I'm walking down the hallway looking for my classroom and checking my schedule. Or hanging out in the common area with friends. Strange.

I'll have vivid memorable dreams about once per year and they're mostly on the nightmare spectrum. One of the worst would fill pages but I'll sum it up by saying the devil killed my mother and kidnapped me and I ended up killing him in the end. That was a doozy. I have strange dreams fairly often (especially if I wake up at like 2am to pee and then go back to sleep) but it's more like I wake up, think "huh, that was odd" and forget the details very quickly

Anyone have black and white dreams? I've only had one I can recall.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    mines are usually about the world falling apart by colliding with the sun or volcanoes or weird weird black holes appearing in Earth...would not recommend....