What if I've been eating too little for a long time and meta

Options
I have learned from my food diary that I've not been eating ENOUGH all this time! I'm in my 40's however and have high body fat. Is there any hope for me? Can I lose extra fat by diet and exercise like everyone else? Will it take longer?! I'm small (5'4") with very, very tiny bones. I weigh 119 which is in the normal range but I have no muscle anymore and again, bones are small so the 119 is a lot of FAT.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Replies

• jenricher
    Options
    Do you exercise often?
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    hit those weight now it very imporant for women to lift weights join like a women gym to get you start and you will be able to tell i go to an all women gym and there are women who are like 72 lifting mad weighjts so there is always hope!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can!! Start eating the right amount of food, start slowly if you have to, add in some cardio and weights for toning and eat your exercise calories. It's possible that you might see a little gain at first but once your body is used to getting enough food you'll start to burn fat.

I was in the same position as you when I started and I've been losing pretty consistently.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Used to when I was much younger. Haven't in a long time. Just started up again!
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Used to when I was much younger. Haven't in a long time. Just started up again!

I'm 5'4 and at 185.....you are 119...I would do P90X if I were you! Talk with my friend Gigi.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    P90X is AWESOME!!!! You would love it.... it is a little intimidating at first but give it a couple of weeks and you will be loving it!!! You will build muscle and lose the fat in no time!!! :wink:
  • pricebs
    Options
    "You can!! Start eating the right amount of food, start slowly if you have to, add in some cardio and weights for toning and eat your exercise calories. It's possible that you might see a little gain at first but once your body is used to getting enough food you'll start to burn fat.

I was in the same position as you when I started and I've been losing pretty consistently. "

I have a question about when you say "eat you excerise calories". What does that mean. I have been watching what I eat and walking on a treadmill and I have been coming up short on my calorie intake.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    MFP sets a goal for you, with a specific deficit, in order to meet your weight loss goals. The idea is to maintain that deficit, so MFP adds back the extra calories you burn through cardio. Eat at least part of them, as too big of a deficit may hinder your long term loss by causing plateaus, fatique, slowed metabolism, the urge to binge and other unwanted results.