So...anyone else feel like this?

Options
Megan101792
Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
Anyone feel like you get more attention now due to losing weight but little to no offers to go out? As a single girl, I find it really weird since losing weight, I get more attention and by no means "fit" yet, but it's dead on the dating scene and when I was bigger, granted I had a boyfriend previously during my "fat time" but had offers. Guys, this goes for you too, not just us ladies.

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with this.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Tell me more!
  • Megan101792
    Options

How do you disagree?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

How do you disagree?

You state the opposite opinion of the person you're speaking with. That's generally how it's done.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

How do you disagree?

Well you know why your dating game is a little slow. My dating game is not slow. I just do not want to date at the moment. Got a little bucket list to do first.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

How do you disagree?

Well you know why your dating game is a little slow. My dating game is not slow. I just do not want to date at the moment. Got a little bucket list to do first.

I learn so much about how other people date on this website.

Please...tell us why her dating game is a little slow.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

How do you disagree?

I didn't use this site.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

How do you disagree?

You state the opposite opinion of the person you're speaking with. That's generally how it's done.
    *teehee*

Eta, haha it edited the word s n i g g e r! Wtf?!
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options

How do you disagree?

I didn't use this site.

hUH?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel like you get more attention now due to losing weight but little to no offers to go out?

I do get interesting offers.
    I am not single.

Ironically, when I was single it was like a ghost town, so I feel ya.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

How do you disagree?

I didn't use this site.

hUH?

I did not use a website with making the slow dating game comment.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    When I was single and "skinny" I never got asked out. EVER! And now that I'm married, have kids and put on some weight I get asked out all the time. Makes no sense.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    yeap just stares. I know girls almost never make moves anyways.
  • felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because when you start to lose weight, you are more confident so you're more likely to make eye contact and smile? For me I'm wearing different clothes, wearing makeup and actually doing my hair. I feel hella confident now that I'm not so frumpy so I feel like people are actually looking at me versus watching me do the housewife shuffle I normally do! But that's me. Just a thought. :)
  • JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    If I may, I'll offer up a possibility out of so many possibilities. When I was heavier men were more vocal. In part I think it was due to me being less "intimidating" and there being a higher chance of being single. Those possibilities decrease the chances of rejection for those guys. Now that I'm smaller, I get more looks, smiles, etc, but less advances (the ring on my finger helps that, but most of the time they assume it's a "stay away" ring). Those men that do speak to me, tread carefully and usually ask if I'm single before proceeding. Many of my male friends explained it to me in simple terms: "chubby girls are nicer". :ohwell:
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel like you get more attention now due to losing weight but little to no offers to go out? As a single girl, I find it really weird since losing weight, I get more attention and by no means "fit" yet, but it's dead on the dating scene and when I was bigger, granted I had a boyfriend previously during my "fat time" but had offers. Guys, this goes for you too, not just us ladies.

Yes!
  • Megan101792
    Options
    Perhaps they find you more intimidating?
    [/quote

been told I am a little, but guys can be too. Still shouldn't stop the offers.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Some People are intimidated by Pretty Women and are afraid of rejection. There are also many actual nice guys out there who are Self confident (Not Big Headed) who will approach and who are much more deserving of your company! Patience Darlin! The nice ones will come around! You don't want attention of the others anyway! :smile: