Easy and simple breakfast/lunch ideas?

Poor college student here...so I don't have much money/time to work with.
I'm interested in simple, easy, nutritional, low-cal breakfast items. Whether that be solid foods or shakes of some sort. I struggle with breakfast because I typically just eat cereal and almond milk, which fits my low-cal needs, but I'm usually hungry within 2 hours, so I go hungry for the next 2-3 hours. And I can't always grab something in between breakfast and lunch because I have class.
Also, I'd like some simple and quick lunch ideas. Preferably something that can be packed like sandwiches or something easy to take a long with me, as well as easy to eat. I can be a messy eater and I'd rather keep it clean since I will be eating in public! Lol.

Replies

• I like eggs and thought about eating a couple hard boiled eggs for breakfast, but what can I eat with it to make it hold me over longer? I'm not a fan of toast at all, so that's kind of out of the picture.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I've been bringing yogurt and granola to work the past few weeks and finding it easy - the key is finding yogurt in shorter wider containers so there is room to add the granola on the fly :) I have a desk where I can keep a box or bag of granola, but you could just as easily put a portion in a Ziploc.

Oatmeal is another good portable option, you can get it cheap and just add hot water, and you can get protein-added ones which will help keep you full. Or just add some bacon to those eggs.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    I've been doing a bagel and milk for breakfast now. It's not the lowest calorie thing out there (200 calorie bagel, 110 cal milk, 20 cal cream cheese)... but it's surprisingly filling.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Breakfast muffins:
    5 eggs
    1/2cup milk
    spices to taste
    beat the eggs, milk and spices together

Filling: frozen spinach, onions, peppers, bacon, mushrooms (or any veggies you fancy)
    cut the veggies into the bottom half of a regular non-stick muffin tin.

add enough egg mixture to cover the veggies
    sprinkle top with shredded cheese.

Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes the reduce the heat to 350F and bake for 30 minutes or until egg is cooked thouroughly.

I keep these in the fridge for the week (take 2 to work every morning) and warm them up at work for breakfast.

Cheap, easy and low cal. around 120 cals for 2 muffins
  • zman1313
    zman1313 Posts: 70 Member
    Protein smoothie:

-I serving whey protein
    -6 oz fruit (I like blueberries and strawberries)
    -1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
    -6oz skim milk
    -7 ice cubes

That makes a LOT of smoothie so you could cut some of that in half if you want. It's delicious, nutritious, and filling!