Here in lies the queston

Options
Gordon_L
Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
Can you fall for someone you have never physically met or seen a photo of?

Replies

• Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think a connection can be emmotional one... you would jsut then have to see if the physical compounded or dispelled it
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    I met my last serious SO on the intenet and he moved across a continent to be with me...

How ever it didnt work out because i even though the emotional connection was there the physical one was lack luster...
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    yeap. it's what inside that matters though of course physical attraction is important too.
  • hortensehildegarde
    Options
    yes. I did.
  • TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Definitely
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, and however.

However, you don't really know someone until you have spent actual time with them. I used dating sites for many years and also met quite a few guys who I knew long distance first through my work. We are all different in person from what we are online or on the telephone.

So, fall for? Sure. But don't put too much stock in your feelings until you really know someone in person. Visit them on their turf to really get a good picture of who they are.

I spent 42 years on the dating scene hunting for my hubby so I have probably made all the boneheaded moves -- except for marrying or actually moving in with any of Bill's predecessors. When we finally found each other, it was Kismet!!
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Me? Personally? Hell no. Probably because there's a 96.2% chance he's (or she's) some African or Hindu guy trying to butter me up, propose to me and then say I need 17K to fly out to see you and then BAM! never hear from em again....
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I connected with, and agreed to meet my current (now going on 6 years and 3 kids) partner after only conversations and a picture of his guitar. I however wouldn't say that I fell for him until we connected in person. Not so much because I based it on physical attraction but because being physically around someone gives a much better image of who they are (body language, style, voice, responsiveness etc).
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    I'm detecting some bitterness here...
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yes :) Of course there needs to be a physical attraction but if you love someone that deeply, have that kind of connection with them, then you end up loving them physically too. If they're in good health/shape that ends up being a perk, but not the reason why I'd end up physically attracted to them (that's me though).
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think a connection can be emmotional one... you would jsut then have to see if the physical compounded or dispelled it

I agree
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Yes, because you lust after a body..........you fall for a mind.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Yes. Physical attraction IS an important aspect of a relationship, but it may have nothing at all to do with a person's appearance. I mean, blind people experience physical attraction, so...
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yes, because you lust after a body..........you fall for a mind.

Nicely put!
  • _SamIAm_
    _SamIAm_ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Realistically, no. But MFP is Fantasyland.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I think it's totally possible to fall for someone without having met them, but it's important to keep in mind that we're all a little, if not a lot, different in person than we are online. I think it's possible to be open-minded, but keep your expectations realistic at the same time. And sure, catfishing happens, but that shouldn't hinder you from meeting someone that you've really connected with.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Fall in love without physically ever meeting the person? Yes.
    Without seeing a photo? I would have a tough time with that..
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Can you fall for someone you have never physically met or seen a photo of?

Yes. Absolutely. However, when you finally do meet, the reality might be very different from your expectation. Physical attraction is an important part of a relationship, so it would be horrid to get very emotionally invested and then find that the attraction isn't there, or is one-sided.

Personally, I was head over heels with my beloved way before we met in person. We connected online, moved to texting and Facebook phone calls, and we were both quite hooked before meeting...but then, we'd also seen photos of each other from the beginning.
  • Rompers_16
    Rompers_16 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Yes. But will it last?