woman 5' 7" - 5'8"

Options
Just happen to think it'd be fun to chat with other women the same height as I am. I'm always asking mfpals how tall they are. I'm 41 years old, 5' 7.5" small boned/not slight, & have my goal weight set for 145 pounds. This year I've lost about 18 pounds. How about you gals? Hope you have pictures! It's inspiring to me ;o)

Replies

• harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. I just started though, and I'm shooting for the 150 range.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and shooting for 160. A little over halfway there!
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 aiming for 145 as well :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" - goal is set for 150 (11 more lbs). Depending on how I look I may go 5-10 lbs more once I reach that. I am larger boned (can't get my pinky and thumb to touch around my wrist).
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha! I'm 5' 7"...and turning 42 in January. I am currently 5 lbs. away from my goal range.....
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm yet another 5'8" woman and my goal is set for 150, but I don't know if it's a reasonable goal to have as I've never done anything like this before--though I am halfway there!

Edit: I just saw on OP's profile that you have three herniated discs. I actually had the same thing in my back (L4/L5 and L5/S1) and had surgery two years ago. I know that it's really a struggle every day with that...I feel your pain! Hang in there and good luck!
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7" 1/2 and 41 years old too my goal weight is 150 but I think I may shoot for 140
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    Sporty! you must be really slight! look how tiny you are already! *sigh* for me ;o) I used dietpower for counting calories for 7 years before it crashed w/the pc, that's when i found this site. anyway, it always said my ideal weight was 137 pounds. We'll see. you inspire me!

@tissy, you can really tell that you've dropped some pounds! congratulations!

@meri, that's totally practical...most of the time a weight calculator bumps my height up to 5' 8"...even though I'm .5 inches shorter. oh well.

@4lafz, your profile caught my attention already today and you're an inspiration too!

@c7, what a great way to live your 20's!!! Congratulations!
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" - goal is set for 150 (11 more lbs). Depending on how I look I may go 5-10 lbs more once I reach that. I am larger boned (can't get my pinky and thumb to touch around my wrist).

How do you know that your large/small boned?
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and I am just starting my journey my overall goal is 175lbs. I have a long ways to go!!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    @madhouse, you have ethnicity in your court! black girls can lose faster than white girls! lucky! ;o)

you measure the size of your wrists, mine are 6" around. I believe but I'd better google it because it's been years since i read that...
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    i found this online:

Loosely wrap a tape measure around your wrist, and write down the number that you get (in inches, not centimeters). If you do not have a tape measure, use a piece of string, and line it up against a ruler to determine its length.

Not sure which part of your arm to measure? Your wrist is the part closest to your hand, where you would wear a watch or bracelet.

2 What number did you get?

Most MEN will be in the range of 5.5 inches to 7.5 inches.

Most WOMEN will be in the range of 5.5 inches to 6.5 inches.

If your number is somewhat close to any of these, you probably measured correctly; please proceed to step 3.

3 Ready to find out what type of body frame you have?

If you are a FEMALE, please skip to step 4.

If you are a MALE, please compare your number with the chart below; after reviewing the chart, please proceed to step 5.

MALES, if your height is 5'5" or more:

small = wrist size 5.5 to 6.5 inches
    medium = wrist size 6.5 to 7.5 inches
    large = wrist size over 7.5 inches

4 FEMALES, please compare your number with the chart below; after reviewing the chart, please proceed to step 5.

If your height is 5'2" or less:

small = wrist size less than 5.5 inches
    medium = wrist size 5.5 to 5.75 inches
    large = wrist size over 5.75 inches

If your height is 5'2" to 5'5"

small = wrist size less than 6 inches
    medium = wrist size 6 to 6.25 inches
    large = wrist size over 6.25 inches

If your height is 5'5" or more:

small = wrist size less than 6.25 inches
    medium = wrist size 6.25 to 6.5 inches
    large = wrist size over 6.5 inches

5 That was pretty easy, wasn't it?
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"...goal weight is 140-145lbs and turning 40 in March. Trying to drop another 25lbs before my birthday. Just discovering that I actually have bones under all of this fat-haha.

@Meri...I also had herniated discs and had to have surgery after one shattered. Left with a lot of nerve damage and caused a big weight gain. Every pound dropped is a pound closer to finding the old me!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    you ladies that had herniated discs, please tell me about your recovery or surgeries to repair those!!! I'm riding a mountain bike on cobblestone of all things! I've got an inversion table, a therapeutic mama bear bed, heating pad, electric blanket, theraputic knee pillow, and take hot baths to help the sore muscles. Thank God, I only use 2 advil when it hurts. I'm hyper sensitive to meds. Sheesh, here's a confession, haha I'm seriously thinking of getting a laser neck lift when I think maybe I should take care of the discs first! i forgot what the disc #'s are, but they're the two lower ones at the base of the spine(pinches my left sciatic nerve) and one in the middle of my spine(possibly from an epidural) it sure is motivation to keep the weight off. I use a belt but who wants to wear that all of the time. Being tall can be hard. We had all the counters in our house built to my level so I don't have to bend over and brush my teeth or cook & we have no lower cupboards but slide out drawers. It's such an enormous blessing because I cook everything from mayo, bread, to whatever we eat.
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im 5'7" 173lb and would like to be in the low140s by May 29th! Used to be a gym rat had surgery and 33lbs later here I am getting back into it!
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Here is my ticker, been using this on my iphone for a while just started using it om my MAC today!

2288719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    @marler, you'll do great! 2011 is the year! ;o)
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    Well those that introduced themselves sure seem to have great goals!

When I was a growing up, my grandmother said it was ideal to weigh 120 pounds. Wonderful for a 5'2" woman. haha not so ideal for a tall girl, such as myself, who felt fat once she passed 120 and went on to the 130's, 140's, & 150's...It helps to see pictures of how great you all look weighing in the normal or slightly above normal range. Just because a woman is born tiny, doesn't mean I'm not good enough because God made me tall.

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year and reach those health fitness goals that you are striving for!
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    I'm just under 5'9", according to the BMI range, I should weigh 125-165. I say my goal is 130-150. I think 150ish is probably more realistic, but I feel like saying my goal is 130 makes it more likely for me to even make it to 150. I'm pretty sure at 125 I'd look near death... but according to that body frame thing I have a small frame... my wrist is exactly 6".
  • harleyquinn1504
    harleyquinn1504 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    According to the wrist thing, I'd be small framed also. I never really thought it was realistic for me to envision myself much smaller than 150 because of playing sports, and my legs being so muscular. My thighs are beasts. But It seems Im dropping weight pretty quickly, since I've started, so who really knows where I'll end up by the time I'm through. When I was 18-22 yrs old, I weight around 125.