Need some tips

Options
I have been here for almost a month and really loving it .

Just need some tips on how to lose more weight.

Any dieting tips that you guys could share with me?

All the best and wishing you guys A Happy New Year and May We All Achieve Our Weight Goal in 2011.

Replies

• absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    I guess I'll give a couple of tips!

- eat breakfast every day if at all possible, and try to make it filling! my favorites are oatmeal or hot cereal, fruit, eggs and veggies, yogurt, all that jazz.

- try to become familiar with where your food comes from, how food gets processed, and all that jazz - learning about the American and global food systems and the process for creating the delicious but bad-for-me foods I used to inhale helped me really change my thinking and lifestyle approach

- keep veggies and fruits around - i have apples and carrots and other easy-to-prepare vegetables and fruits in my room at school so that I can turn to those if I'm hungry.

- try your best to think of eating 'healthy' as normal, not a diet, for dieting implies impermanence.
  • LaVerne2008
    Options
    absie107 i agree with your tips, i think it is really helpful to know where your food is coming from. i'mm wanting to geta jump start on this myself.
  • VikkiLynn
    Options
    Hi Mizah!
    A few tips:
    I've been eating scrambled egg whites every morning, and the extra protein seems to be shedding the pounds.
    Also, there's really no way around it. -You have to exercise in order to burn your calories and lose weight. You have to make it a daily thing, just like brushing your teeth everyday, you have to exercise everyday.
    Also, I've found that eating often helps, as you probably already know it works for a lot of people, having small meals all day. If you look at my food diary, I eat all day, a variety of different foods!
    Good luck on your journey! :)
    -Vikki
  • vrichardson
    Options
    Watch your portions!:wink:
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Veggies Veggies Veggies.. and fresh fruit to kill the sweet cravings and give you good fiber.