Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme Hybrid Schedule

Options
Have anyone out there in the MFP community done Turbo Fire and ChaLean Extreme Hybrid Schedule.
I am looking at possible purchasing both of those workout DVDs and was wondering if anyone have already did both workouts and what do they think of both workouts?
Getting information off the internet, I founded Turbo Fire can be setup to be used with ChaLean Extreme workouts since both are created by Chalene Johnson.
I just wanted to know if anyone has already done this hybrid schedule and what results did you get from the workouts.
One other thought, Turbo Fire vs. Insanity - which one would you get?

Thanks to everyone that responds...........

Replies

• mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There's a Turbo Fire/CLX Hybrid thread - you can check with the folks there:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/137035-join-me-turbo-fire-chalean-extreme-hybrid-starts-today
  • Teamfiregrace
    Options
    I am doing the TF/CLX hybrid now in the first month. I absolutely love it! After the first week my muscles felt tighter and now I can see some definition in places like my calves and biceps.
    Good luck! Think you are really going to love the workouts!
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've done about a month of both Turbo Fire and Insanity and I like Turbo Fire more.
    But I prefer the style of exercise that Chalene puts together.
    Either way, have a blast :)
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late on posting, but can offer some advice. I've done both TF and CLX. I did CLX first - it's the first program that really worked for me, I have totally defined muscles for the first time in my life. My shoulders and arms are awesome, but I felt some other places could use a little work on the flab front before you could really see the muscles (ie, abs). So I'm now doing Turbofire (which is pretty much 90% cardio) - I'm losing weight, but I'm also missing CLX because you WILL get addicted to the high of serious strength training! So I have 6 weeks left of TF and then I'm moving on to a modified hybrid schedule. You'll notice on CLX (and it's the same on the hybrid schedule) on your strength training days, that's all you do - and the programs are between 30-40 mins long. So I always added cardio to those days - I ran 5K when I was doing CLX, and I will do that or do a TF routine when I start the hybrid. I'm also planning on adding in some pilates as well, since after these 2 programs (and P90X this past summer!) my core is still my weakest spot.

Program reviews - I LOVE Chalene Johnson. Very motivating and she makes you WANT to work out. CLX is a little more cut and dry, while TF is majorly upbeat - the music is awesome and you can really get into it! I debated TF or Insanity and most of the feedback I got was geared towards TF - Insanity is more like P90X style, in a bare-bones gym and really dry. It's also very hard on your knees, and from what I've read, unless you're really a serious athlete, you may lose more (ie injury) than gain. I love TF - it's a HARD workout. I'm in good shape but those HIIT workouts really leave me breathless at the end! The routines are also easy to follow, even for an uncoordinated klutz like me. So I would highly recommend both CLX and TF.