Healthy food and Cheat Days

Options
So I did a post on Steel cut oats and claimed that they were sooooo good I'd eat them on a "cheat day".

I thought it make an interesting post. So what healthy foods have you found that are sooooo tasty that you'd even eat them on a cheat day. Include your recipe if you want.

Mine is my Baja Tacos:

Boca Chicken Spicy Patty cut into strips
Pico de gallo (sp)
avacado
spicy colesalw, includes: 4 Tbls FF sour cream, 2 tbls reduced fat mayo, lime juice, 1/4 c chipotole salsa or more if you like it super spicy, 1 bag shreded cabbage.
corn tortillias

Replies

• teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So I did a post on Steel cut oats and claimed that they were sooooo good I'd eat them on a "cheat day".

I thought it make an interesting post. So what healthy foods have you found that are sooooo tasty that you'd even eat them on a cheat day. Include your recipe if you want.

Mine is my Baja Tacos:

Boca Chicken Spicy Patty cut into strips
    Pico de gallo (sp)
    avacado
    spicy colesalw, includes: 4 Tbls FF sour cream, 2 tbls reduced fat mayo, lime juice, 1/4 c chipotole salsa or more if you like it super spicy, 1 bag shreded cabbage.
    corn tortillias
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    low fat whip cream and berries

Or roasted veggies w/ goat cheese---yum yum!
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    Mine would be the Fiber One Oats and Chocolate Chewy Bars or Morningstar Black Bean Burgers. The Oats and Chocolate bars are better than almost any real dessert out there! YUM!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Spicy turkey chili with wheatberries (no kidney beans)...
    (though on my cheat day, I may use regular cheddar cheese & sour cream instead of the FF kind :happy: )
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Mine would be the Fiber One Oats and Chocolate Chewy Bars or Morningstar Black Bean Burgers. The Oats and Chocolate bars are better than almost any real dessert out there! YUM!

I'm with you on the Fiber One Bars except my favorite is the caramel one! :love:

Also, I'm addicted to the Nature Valley Roasted Almond Crunch bars. Yum!
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    grilled chicken with cranberry sauce

sauce includes; 5 tbs cranberry jelly; 3 tbs low sodium catsup; 3 tbs brown splenda (mix and heat in sauce pan) serve over chicken!:smile:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I'm fartin' my way through the fiberone bars too! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: I love them!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm fartin' my way through the fiberone bars too! :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: I love them!

:laugh: :laugh:

I like the chocolate chip/peanut butter rice cakes. :love:
  • Liana25
    Liana25 Posts: 31
    Options
    Vanilla Almond Crunch Cereal and any of my fruits (watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and the list goes on)