POLAR FT4 WATCH

Options
Who has one? how accurate is it? How are you liking it so far? :)

Replies

• Lunete
    Options
    I got one a few weeks ago (I got my pink one for $60 on Amazon if you haven't gotten yours yet...it was pretty cheap as far as heart rate monitors go). It seems to be accurate but I only have the heart rate monitors on the machines at the gym to compare to. The monitor/strap connects to my the watch without any wetting for me but it can take a minute or two for the signal to connect. It's fairly easy to use and set up. I would recommend removing the strap as soon as possible after your workout. I find mine gets pretty uncomfortable when it is drying but when it is fully dry, I don't notice it.

I did read that while both the monitor and watch are waterproof, the signal can become distorted when submerged in water leading to a less accurate read out. And not to push any buttons on the watch when it is soaked or else you can damage it...I haven't had the courage to test my own out in water yet. I think I'm just going to leave it for my cardio workouts.
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have one!! I bought it a little over 2 months ago. I -love- it! The chest strap you can't even tell it's there. I don't have the issue the other poster mentioned. I could have it on all day and not notice. I've used mine swimming loads of times and it works perfectly fine under the water. I always make sure to rinse it and the chest strap in clean, non chlorinated water just to ensure a longer life. I think it's definitely accurate and is -such- a help when logging my exercise.
  • julzwild
    julzwild Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I have used it in the pool but it would lose signal from time to time. Still, the equipment itself survived the test.

I highly recommend it. Priced right and seems to be fairly accurate- but I also do not really eat my fitness calories back.
  • Grammie4VT
    Grammie4VT Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for over 2 years and I love it! It seems to be accurate.
  • jpapp13
    jpapp13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Have one and LOVE it. I use it for most everything exercise based from running to obstacle course races.
    Never had any issues using it in water, I've had minimal issue with it not reading my HR correctly but that was because the strap wasn't tight enough or positioned correctly

All in all I've found it to be a great investment.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I've had to replace batteries a number of times and got a replacement chest strap which they claimed was superior to the original one shipped with the watch. In all I would say an excellent purchase and continues to motivate me in my fitness through maintenance. I like the count at the end of a workout and the heart rate displayed during. I did have to change the setting so it wouldn't keep beeping during my workouts. Also it doesn't sync to MFP automatically and I manually update my weight every so often. So a very basic watch but honestly I'm not sure I could handle much more - both when I first purchased it and now