Any women doing manual labour jobs?

Options
All I can find is information from men on bdybuilding sites. I weigh 130 lbs, 5'6, 20% body fat, trying to get down to 125 lbs (want waist to be under 24.5 inches). 4-5 hours line trimming per day, 1 hour push mowing, lots of heavy lifting, 55-60 hours a week. 3 hour walk on my day off. Eating around 2300 but thinking about upping my calories because I get tired and am losing too fast.

Replies

• jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no useful information for you: I am tired just reading your post!
    Good luck.
  • scottbad
    Options
    :yawn:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If you are losing faster than you want- eat more.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    All I can find is information from men on bdybuilding sites. I weigh 130 lbs, 5'6, 20% body fat, trying to get down to 125 lbs (want waist to be under 24.5 inches). 4-5 hours line trimming per day, 1 hour push mowing, lots of heavy lifting, 55-60 hours a week. 3 hour walk on my day off. Eating around 2300 but thinking about upping my calories because I get tired and am losing too fast.

Hahaha....I can relate to this...in a way....I'm female, 5'5", 132 lbs, 17%bf, and I have been taking care of our little farm, my 3 dogs, and 5 horses by myself for years. Building and mending fences, dragging hay bales, cutting/moving grass, cutting trees....you name it.... At the time, I was at my heaviest ever at 145 lbs, 20+% bf. A girl's gotta eat to get the work done.....lol
    Only after I had to give up the horses, and rehab'ed a non-horse related back injury, the weight came off. No more need for so much food.... With about the same starting body composition as you, I still didn't change much on my body fat or to get the waist line slimmed down, until I started lifting weights on a regular basis, though.

So, what's your priority? Staying healthy and able to perform the work, especially with the colder season coming in, or pushing for those 5 pounds. Your body fat isn't really that high, and if you run the numbers, like BMR, TDEE, you will probably find out, that your actual healthy deficit will only be very small, and any fat will melt down very slowly. As hard as you are working, you will have to eat a ton of your work/exercise calories back, just to make it through the day.

My suggestion: I often wear a heart rate monitor during demanding outdoor activities, and while many people might not agree (because 'HRMs are not made for this'...just quoting here...sarcasm intended...), I get a pretty good idea about what my heart is doing, and how hard I'm working. Maybe this would be a way for you, to get an idea about your numbers.

Stay strong! :flowerforyou:
  • intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Hahaha....I can relate to this...in a way....I'm female, 5'5", 132 lbs, 17%bf, and I have been taking care of our little farm, my 3 dogs, and 5 horses by myself for years. Building and mending fences, dragging hay bales, cutting/moving grass, cutting trees....you name it.... At the time, I was at my heaviest ever at 145 lbs, 20+% bf. A girl's gotta eat to get the work done.....lol
    Only after I had to give up the horses, and rehab'ed a non-horse related back injury, the weight came off. No more need for so much food.... With about the same starting body composition as you, I still didn't change much on my body fat or to get the waist line slimmed down, until I started lifting weights on a regular basis, though.

So, what's your priority? Staying healthy and able to perform the work, especially with the colder season coming in, or pushing for those 5 pounds. Your body fat isn't really that high, and if you run the numbers, like BMR, TDEE, you will probably find out, that your actual healthy deficit will only be very small, and any fat will melt down very slowly. As hard as you are working, you will have to eat a ton of your work/exercise calories back, just to make it through the day.

My suggestion: I often wear a heart rate monitor during demanding outdoor activities, and while many people might not agree (because 'HRMs are not made for this'...just quoting here...sarcasm intended...), I get a pretty good idea about what my heart is doing, and how hard I'm working. Maybe this would be a way for you, to get an idea about your numbers.

Stay strong! :flowerforyou:

Thanks. But nobody else? Does everyone just go the gym?