Trying this site out :)

Options
My entire family are trying to live a healthy lifestyle. We all have cell phones and I thought it would be beneficial to keep food diary's. This looks like the best thing for all of us! Seems to do a great job! And we can check in on each other and talk about what we ate and what we want to eat in the next week. I really like this!!!

Replies

• Floricienta
    Options
    You will love this site, I joined about a month ago and I'm totally in love with it, it's great for support!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site! I have lost 90 lbs in about 10 months and am eating healthier, exercising more than I ever did in my life! Welcome and best of luck!

Deb
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What I love about this site, is its not a "diet" site.

You can still eat all you used to eat just not as much. You learn to listen to your body. When your body says its full,, that doesnt mean stuffed which is how I always lived.

I still eat out, but Im more aware of what is good for my body not necessarily what will taste the best and on that note...My tastes have changed.

Best of luck to you and your family. When you feel frustrated go to the success stories and read and look at the pics, it will bring you right back to where you need to be.
  • Lightingstorm
    Lightingstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much you guys! I appreciate the response! :):happy:

I have found that the healthier I eat the better I feel through the day and the less I eat! LOL I also found that putting fresh lemon in my ice water helps with the hunger. They also say lemon cuts the fat in the body faster.
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome... welcome... welcome! You're gonna love it here!
  • rmsnipes
    rmsnipes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You will really love this site........ I joined last month and was amazed to see how many calories I was consuming without realizing it. I too have the app on my phone, which is so helpful when you are out at a restaurant. I have been so impressed how encouranging everyone is on here.
  • Lightingstorm
    Lightingstorm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes I've seen the support already. So nice! Usually I am the counselor and person giving support all the time. It will be nice to get some.

I have lost weight with calorie counting in the past. Or I should say food diary. It works for me! It is amazing how much people/ME put in our mouth without even realizing it. LOL I am even putting the gum I chew in my diary. With my nervous tention I have I tend to chew gum and can chew an entire container in one day! With a container that has 30 helpings at 5 calories per serving that was adding up to 150 calories a day! Isn't that amazing that I chew that many calories a day??? LOL Just like people drinking their calories. lol