Warning: Bloody zombie pics, NSV's, Chipotle, and Pie

Hi there, just wanted to share a couple pictures and NSV's :] This is my third 5k this year and it was zombie themed.

NSV 1 - Last time I had my blood pressure checked it was 192 over 105 with a resting heart rate of 96. I was about to be put on meds... then I lost my insurance. I basically said screw it because I couldn't keep paying $100 per DR visit. I started eating at a deficit, watching salt, and exercising. The whole time I was aware that I was probably needing meds for the blood pressure but I was too scared and too broke to get it checked again. Then yesterday I found out my pharmacy would check my BP for free. So why not? I went there, told the pharmacist I wanted to get it checked before I did my 5k tomorrow (today)....she took one look at me and so "Oh it might not be a good idea for you to walk that kind of distance" ?!?!?!?! REALLY?! Months ago that would have insulted and hurt me pretty deeply. I just told her this was my third 5k and I'm sure I'd be fine I was just curious about the readings. My BP came back 117 over 92 with a resting HR of 65. She was actually so surprised she asked me how much I weighed/how much I had lost and finished with "Well keep doing what you're doing because it's working".

NSV 2 - This was my third 5k, but It's also my first 5k that I finished in under 45 minutes. I wasn't even tired afterwards. And honestly I probably could've finished even sooner but it was strictly a zombie walk there was no running in this one (small town event).

I had an AWESOME time. And I'm so happy I wasn't tired or even that sore afterwards. That is a first for me. I have double plantar fasciitis, degenerative disc disease, permanent nerve damage, I've already had one back surgery and I'm not 30 yet. So usually physical activity really does me in but today I feel very alive. Or should I say undead? ;)

P9190023_zps23f873db.jpg

P9190017_zps0740920b.jpg

Oh and because of some posts I saw on MFP earlier in the week I *had* to get some Chipotle and pie :X Because I am a pie eating zombie not a brain eating zombie.

WP_20140920_024_zpsea104f70.jpg

Nomnom.

Happy weekend folks!

Replies

• elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Great Job! :drinker:
  • WolnaDusza
    WolnaDusza Posts: 28 Member
    Great makeup and accomplishment!
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    What fun - a zombie 5k. :laugh:

And congratulations on your weight loss AND the brilliant health benefits! Inspiring.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Thankyou guys!!!!
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Good Job!!! Love the makeup. I am a "Walking Dead" fan. I would love to do a zombie 5k
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    A Doctors office I worked at use to check blood pressure for free but if you were elevated they would send you to either the Urgent Care or the Hospital, just be aware and check the pharmacies policy on this so there are no surprises.

Congrats on your lower readings and your run.
  • mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    The make-up is FANTASTIC! That suppurating sore on your cheek is especially good! :noway:
  • KameHameHaaaa
    Good Job!!! Love the makeup. I am a "Walking Dead" fan. I would love to do a zombie 5k

Hehe me too can't wait for the next season >D
  • KameHameHaaaa
    The make-up is FANTASTIC! That suppurating sore on your cheek is especially good! :noway:

Ha, thanks! I used the cotton from q tips to make it look all muscle-y/wormy
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!