NSV - Shrinking thighs!

Options
20140920_142058_zpstpqamhro.jpg

So this is a picture of the thigh height adjustment on the seated leg curl machine at the gym.

When I first started going to the gym I couldn't even adjust this height down to an '8'

Since that time I've lost 50 lbs, and gained 30 of it back within the last year. I am getting back into my old stride and have lost about 10 lbs in the past 4-5 weeks. I surely have a lot left to lose (100+ lbs) but I'm so excited that my thighs are shrinking! They are one of my most hated body parts!

It really blows my mind that even thought I'm 20 lbs. heavier than this time last year, my thigh height setting is a loose 6 (compared to a loose 8!)

Also, lifting does wonders for my body!

Replies

• ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congrats ^_^ keep up the good work and youll be there in no time =D
  • TexasBridgett
    TexasBridgett Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!! I hate using those types of leg machines due to that. My thighs are not my problem area, but it'd be nice to be able to go down on the numbers on the machines. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!!

Off topic: you are absolutely drop dead gorgeous! :flowerforyou:
  • TexasBridgett
    Options
    Well thank you all! This is the first time I have been able to proudly share a NSV. I don't even know why I'm so happy about it, it's pretty small but I'm so pumped about it. :)
  • mlayne333
    Options
    Can you tell me how you lost that weight? Everything i do I can't seem to lose any weight. I was running every day and eating only a salad and could not lose anything. If you would, any info on what your habits were during that time would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • TexasBridgett
    Options
    I lift weights and do body weight things (lunges, planks, etc.) and I hate salads! I spent all summer eating a salad for lunch and hated it. I am more active during my days now. I went from essentially sitting on my booty all day to walking a good 3 miles throughout my day and then spending time in the gym. Also, I eat well balanced and clean, make sure there's a carb, fat, protein, and veggie for every meal and snack. Be a grazer and don't eat large portions. I'm not sure if this has been a contributing factor but I recently cut out gluten (I suspected a sensitivity) and the weight started slowly coming down. It's probably a combination of all of these things. Although I have heard that food allergies and sensitivities may be only mildly noticeable but can contribute to a lack of weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!