need some guidance

Options
I am down to 175 5'11 which is actually below my original goal (was 180) and I am still super unhappy with everything I still feel like I get glares / looks from people and judgement I am super critical of my body overall so it doesn't help having others point it out also.

I still feel unhappy and it's kinda been going on for the past few weeks, I can't even look at myself in the mirror without feeling like I am going to have a break down, my chest seems so large and I hate my cheeks my thighs jiggle and it looks like I have "wings" under my arms I should be proud of how far I have come but I really am not now?

I look at pictures of other people my weight and height and they all seem so slender but I don't see that on me I see so much wrong and nothing good and my confidence is non existent at this point.

so my overall questions are;
1. what would be considered "skinny" for a 5'11 male endomorph build
2. how did you overcome your social anxiety (if you ever had social anxiety)
3. does this sound like I am developing an eating disorder

-Thank you for reading. :flowerforyou:
( in case anyone was wondering about my exercise I go on an hour - an hour and a half walks each day and sometimes light runs / jogs )

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you want to fix the "jiggles," your best bet is to get into the gym and lift weights. Light walking and the occasional run aren't going to cut it.

Otherwise, your weight is fine. Don't bother worrying about whatever-morph builds. It's a waste of time.
    You can't overcome social anxiety without going out and forcing yourself to be social. Basically, go out and fake it.
    Nothing you said here would indicate an eating disorder, unless your unhappiness with your current appearance leads you to eat less and less in order to continue dropping weight.

Weight isn't your problem. Your utter lack of resistance training is your problem.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you want to fix the "jiggles," your best bet is to get into the gym and lift weights. Light walking and the occasional run aren't going to cut it.

Otherwise, your weight is fine. Don't bother worrying about whatever-morph builds. It's a waste of time.
    You can't overcome social anxiety without going out and forcing yourself to be social. Basically, go out and fake it.
    Nothing you said here would indicate an eating disorder, unless your unhappiness with your current appearance leads you to eat less and less in order to continue dropping weight.

Weight isn't your problem. Your utter lack of resistance training is your problem.

I'm really not sure how to start training any tips?
    I don't have the money for a gym membership at the moment (I think they cost money?)
  • LadyBos
    LadyBos Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How old are you? You look young in your picture and sound like my sons in your speech.

I agree that you should lift weights. Nothing like it for building strength, muscle and confidence. And you don't need a gym membership to work out. Google bodyweight routines and start there.
  • Maqneta
    Options
    How old are you? You look young in your picture and sound like my sons in your speech.

I agree that you should lift weights. Nothing like it for building strength, muscle and confidence. And you don't need a gym membership to work out. Google bodyweight routines and start there.

18 & thank you.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Are you in high-school or college? Both should have a weight room you would have access to.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I agree that weight isn't your problem and with getting in some strength training. That will help with the jiggles and getting the look you want. If you can't afford a gym… look online for workouts you can do at home often just using your body weight.

As for social anxiety… that's a harder one and everyone is different. Personally, I just stopped GAF what anybody else thought of me. But for some it is going to be a longer process and some people will benefit from professional help.

As far as an eating disorder… you do need to change how you view yourself… but I wouldn't say you are there yet. If it leads to unhealthy methods of eating (ex: bingeing/purging, extreme restrictions in foods or calories) in order to lose more weight then it starts getting into ED territory.

Work on your self confidence and get some strength training in. You'll be fine.
  • Pammersgettingfit
    Options
    Wow I think you have done amazing. That's a huge accomplishment on its own. To be at the weight you are now is
    Great. No need for a gym. Walking, push ups, squats, lunges and sit up. Do repetitions and focus on that. The rest will fall
    Into place. Good Luck.
    I only started a couple of weeks ago and have a long road ahead. Its people like you that incourage ones like me to
    Stay focused. You are inspiring way more people then you know.
  • chanadh
    Options
    My little brother took a weightlifting class for his PE in high school, and he benefited from it a lot.

If that's not an option, there are plenty of exercise regimens you can experiment with. Some will use elastic bands, which are nice and cheap, and others will basically just use your body's weight through various exercises.
  • Maqneta
    Options
    I agree that weight isn't your problem and with getting in some strength training. That will help with the jiggles and getting the look you want. If you can't afford a gym… look online for workouts you can do at home often just using your body weight.

As for social anxiety… that's a harder one and everyone is different. Personally, I just stopped GAF what anybody else thought of me. But for some it is going to be a longer process and some people will benefit from professional help.

As far as an eating disorder… you do need to change how you view yourself… but I wouldn't say you are there yet. If it leads to unhealthy methods of eating (ex: bingeing/purging, extreme restrictions in foods or calories) in order to lose more weight then it starts getting into ED territory.

Work on your self confidence and get some strength training in. You'll be fine.

thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I do lots of Jillian micheals videos. The 30 day shred is great for toning and strength. They are free on you tube. I added them to my regimen of swimming and walking.

Go on you tube...there are tons of free videos.

Good luck to you......:flowerforyou:
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Strength training does not need to include lots of fancy equipment or weights. Try planks, situps, pushups, lunges, squats, etc. I love bodyweight training!

Not sure if you have an eating disorder, but it is possible you have something like body dysmorphic disorder which includes both anxiety and self perception issues. I strongly suggest you look into speaking to someone about this because there is no reason you should live your life constantly stressing about your appearance to that level, regardless of your weight and body composition.

Check out this site and see if any of it strikes a chord for you: http://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/other-related-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd
  • Maqneta
    Options
    Strength training does not need to include lots of fancy equipment or weights. Try planks, situps, pushups, lunges, squats, etc. I love bodyweight training!

Not sure if you have an eating disorder, but it is possible you have something like body dysmorphic disorder which includes both anxiety and self perception issues. I strongly suggest you look into speaking to someone about this because there is no reason you should live your life constantly stressing about your appearance to that level, regardless of your weight and body composition.

Check out this site and see if any of it strikes a chord for you: http://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/other-related-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd

alright thank you for both the friend request and the advice :) I'll put both to use.