Ready to lose 110 in 2011!

Options
I'm bound & determined to lose 110 pounds in 2011. Does anyone have any good "jump start" tips for me? Good luck to everyone on here!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• downtosting
    Options
    I don't have any great jump start tips, but I'm with you on losing 110lbs in 2011!! Something that has motivated me (and I'm probably a little too old to be watching the show, but whatever works) is watching "I used to be fat" on MTV. Any type of inspirational weightloss shows always motivates me. I am 100% anti-weight loss surgery so that isn't ever an option for me. I'd like to connect and maybe we can support each other. I'm fairly new to the site!!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I do not have any great ideas, but I would strongly suggest setting a more realistic goal. In order to make your goal you would need to lose at least 2 pounds every week for the whole year which is going to be very hard to do. I would suggest setting a goal of 50 pounds this year, which is alot more easily acheived and is a bit more tangible.

Good luck to you in your journey ... plan plan plan... meals, food, exercise, etc!
  • COURTNEYL22
    COURTNEYL22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started this journey and I too need to lose 110 pounds, don't know if it will all happen in 2011 (I doubt it!) but I'm bound to try! Welcome.. and you will find tons of support on here! It's a great place. I had some trouble starting... I just kept wanting to eat, but it does take some getting used to. Set mini goals for yourself, such as not snacking as much the first week, and trying to drink less soda the less. The more good decisions you make, the more you'll find yourself wanting to work harder because you realize you CAN do this!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Every morning when you wake up, pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how much you love you and that it is "one day at a time". You can do this!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters, 110 is a lot in 1 year! It's a great goal, but in order to keep yourself motivated and keep the lows from the feeling of defeat out of the way, plan on 50 or 70, and if you pass that it's like you've OVERachieved.

Jump start tips: Don't hurt yourself. Seriously. If you have been not exercising and you jump right into an intense routine, you'll injure yourself and set yourself back. Start slow, with say walking a few miles a day. Then bring in some cardio, some strength, maybe even some jogging, swimming, or classes. If you can afford it, I highly recommend a personal trainer, at least for the first month or so. Take your vitamins, get lots of fruits and veggies in your day, get your sleep, and remember like sncollin said, this is all one day at a time. One bad day isn't going to throw you off track unless you let it turn into a habit. This is a LIFESTYLE change, not a diet. This is you taking control and getting healthy.

Good luck!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    It's great to start the year with a big goal -- but if you set it too high, you're going to be discouraged and that's no fun! Losing too fast leads to issues with your skin not shrinking fast enough, too.

Don't want to be a downer -- we just want you to succeed and FEEL successful. =)
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! My husband & I love watching The Biggest Loser and it looks like a great season is getting ready to start in January! I could definitely use some support :)
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) That's pretty hard to do sometimes, but definitely something I need to do more of.