In all seriousness....

PoshTaush
PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year.

In light of the festivities and the usual celebrations that this night brings, I want to remind everyone to have fun, but to please remember to be responsible.

PLEASE, PLEASE<PLEASE, get a designated driver, or hire a cab if you plan on drinking and need a ride home.

Don't risk your lives or the lives of others. Don't regret for the rest of your life a small moment of stupidity.

I don't want to damper the excitement and fun of today, but I do want us to remember that we are adults and must be responsible.

There may be babies, mothers, fathers in those other vehicles. Think of your friends and family if you were injured or killed....

Please, stay SAFE, have FUN, and I hope your NEW YEAR is HAPPY and HEALTHY!

Much love, respect, and sincerity.....

Replies

• MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Not to mention, if you've lost weight--- YOUR TOLERANCE HAS CHANGED..... Know this. Don't make that mistake, either. It's shocking what a difference even 20lbs makes in how you can hold your alcohol.
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Amen!

And "MaybeImNot" is 100% correct on the tolerance thing! I'm about 50 pounds lighter than I was a few years ago, and I still have to remind myself that two glasses of wine/champagne is about it for me (or one margarita/martini).

I like to have a glass of sparking water with a twist of lime. Still feels festive but doesn't add to the tipsiness OR the calories.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Thanks girls.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    So true (about tolerance & designated driver). My fiance & I stay home these days & have a nice steak dinner & some drinks, go for a walk around the neighborhood and just enjoy each other's company :happy: All in the safety of our own home & neighborhood. And the best part is, we are together :flowerforyou: :love:

Be safe everyone & see you all in the New Year :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.