Nerdiness & Fitness friends :)

Options
I've been on MFP for 50+ days now.. down 30 lbs.. I have my days where I do best alone but there are other days where the social life is a must. I love talking about my lifestyle change.. it's exciting the new things I've added in. etc.. Cardio, Weight training, circuits, Cycling, Running... etc I have a whole 'nother lifestyle too.. I'm an IT (Information Technologist), Gamer, Writer, Artist, comic book & Anime & Manga fan, I'm 29 and still like cartoons and Marvel movies...I also have my other fandoms like Anne Rice books.. I love to build things and I'm good at figuring out a lot... IE; PC repairs, network installs or any other random things. I like to say jack-of all trade sometimes.. not everything though :)

I love inspiring people/ caring/ nurturing people if I can.. I appreciate it in return.. being able to give and receive advice on here like we do is extremely beneficial!! Not to toot my own horn here but I'm an all around friendly person.. looking for FRIENDLY people in return :) If your from Duchess, Putnam, Orange, Greene, Sullivan, ulster or Westchester county New York that's a plus too :)

Please feel free to add me. Currently my goals are...
-120 lbs to lose,
-Run a 5K,
-and last up to and hour cycling.

Small goals but as I reach them I'll increase em. :) ciao !

Replies

• KayCliff26
    Options
    Nerdiness is the best!!! Fellow gamer here as well! :P
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start! Feel free to add me!
  • ChloeHope2114
    ChloeHope2114 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I have about 100+ pounds to lose myself. I'm still trying to get a workout routine down, but I'm down for advice! And I give it when it is welcomed. A lot of friends that I have tease me about this lifestyle change so it's a little bit harder to discuss these things with them. Please feel free to add me. :)
  • Nikki_Yaz
    Nikki_Yaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @ Thegreatcanoo - Such a great loss!! I've gone ahead and added you :)
    @ ChloeHope2114 - You've been added as well thanks for the reponse :)
    @ Kaycliff - I already added you :) lol
  • gakette420
    gakette420 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I feel like I know you already being the wife of an IT jack of all trades and being a gamer, comic book hero nut, and cartoon freak. :P My hubby, 3rd son and I jumped on the fitness board last April. My eldest, second eldest and his fiance have recently joined the fight against fat as well. Family motivation rules!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    By your profile pic I don't see 120 to lose! Add me! I am a nerd to the core!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I like video games, pizza, zombies and all things Harry Potter. I also like new friends.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of those things! Been playing games since I was a kid. Feel free to add me (I have a lot of weight to lose still!)
  • xphoenixfirex
    xphoenixfirex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me, gamer since Atari, geek for pcs since Commodore 64, lol. Tons of fandoms too, love all kinds of reading as well, so yeah, I'm kinda nerdy :P
  • tehmurphygrace
    Options
    Those are awesome goals.Inspires me to think of some fore myself!

Feel free to add me.

Peace :)
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, I'm nerd too, feel free to add me :smile: ...
  • Mokapally
    Mokapally Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nerds are awesome. (-->queen of the nerds right here.)
  • kaatiee92
    Options
    Hey im a big gaming nurd too :) add me :D
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Aside from the IT skills you and I have many common interests. I love gaming, comic books, Marvel Films and Anne Rice. Add me! In fact, I am actually taking a MOOC from Colorado State right now on Comic Books and Graphic novels.
  • wawster1
    Options
    Hehe...Welcome fellow nerd! :)
    At 57, and with the same interests, (comics, games, Electronics, and Marvel movies) I'm here to show you that the nerdiness doesn't disappear with age!
    My lab looks like a Star Trek / Marvel convention, with the obligatory signed photo of Stan Lee on the wall. :)
    My boss shakes his head when he passes by the lab (doesn't dare come in....he's the GQ type), but he has noticed the increased physical activity, and came to congratulate me - those little nuggets keep ya going!
    Please feel free to add me - I'd love to stay in touch.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me, I always love new friends!! I have about 110lb left to lose. Maybe more, depends on how I feel when I get there lol
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    Nerdy friends feel free to add me!
  • jennie1801
    Options
    I am also trying to lose 120 pounds. You can add me if you would like :)
  • nunas2014
    Options
    Comic Book Girl here! And a newbie, feel free to add me :)
  • indiekicks
    indiekicks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I dabble in some nerdy things. I'm trying to lose 165 lbs, you can def add me!