Anyone tried a diet pill that worked?

Options

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I have taken and am back on it, a combination of two. They are OTC, but they've worked. I get them at the Dollar Tree. One is called Weight Loss, and on the label it says to take 3 tablets 3 times daily with food. I don't do that. I take one daily with my other morning pills. The second one is called Green Tea Slim. The label also calls for 3 per day with food. I don't do that either. that one goes with my morning pills too. Of course the other pills in the morning I take are prenatal vitamins, vitamin d, Depakote, vitex, propranolol, and wellbutrin. I'm also s'pposed to be taking Krill Oil, but unfortunately I can't afford it. I stopped taking fish oil that was in placement of the Krill Oil, because of the smell and after burp-it literally smelled like rotten sushi. Yuck. But yea...those two I mentioned above(weight loss and green tea slim), they work great for me.

Hi. Please explain how it's working so well when your ticker says you lost 0? I'm confused is all.
    And why the prenatal vitamin at the same time. Concerning.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    The only ones that I know worked were Dexatrim (pulled off the market because it was speed), Fen-Phen (pulled for killing people) and Alli (makes people poop their pants). I think the Alli works because people stop eating fat so they won't poop their pants, lol.
    ROFL sounds lovely. Well I guess pooping constantly while on the pills would definitely help you lose weight, so there's that. :wink:
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    when i was 17-19 i was addicted to meth. that worked pretty well...

of course i gained it all back as soon as i stopped taking it, and then some.

stupid meth diet.
  • vicbre2010
    vicbre2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Most doctors will not prescribe diet pills for their patients, at least mine won't, because they can raise your blood pressure & cause heart palpitations, constipation and a lot of other ugly side effects that harm your body. I have lost 5 lbs. so far just by cutting out dairy, sweets & sodas plus I'm drinking green tea & oolong tea, it helps your metabolism. I also bought a Nutribullet to do healthy smoothies made with spinach & fruits; I guess that combination plus going to the gym 3 days a week is making a difference. I still have 35 pounds to lose, but I feel like it 's possible now & not just a pipe dream anymore. Lol :)
  • chadya07
    Options
    ok but seriously, besides all the side affects, which are plenty.

if you lose weight using a pill that makes you not hungry, what happens if you get to goal and stop taking the pill, and suddenly are hungry again? bam. eating everything because you never took the time to teach yourself willpower and a new way of eating.

take the time. to learn. how not to gain it back.

that is my advice.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    chadya07 said: stupid meth diet.

That's funny. Really dark humor but funny. Much congratulations on digging your way out from under.
  • FletcherSymons
    Options
    For me i tried them but they don't work. The con's outweigh the pro's every time. The only thing that i really would recommend and its not a pill is 'Skinny Sprinkles' There not the cheapest thing in the world but they do work. Its powder that you add water too to make a strawberry smoothie. It fills half of your stomach leaving you feeling fuller quicker. They can also be used as a snack.

I am a 6ft 4 male and was skeptical. It did work for me though. It would leave me feeling full for around 3 hours. I dont even use them now, I think its a good way of training your body not to eat inbetween meals. I now only eat once a day. I never intended to do it this way but it just happened.

I rarely recommend anything but go on Amazon and check the reviews.
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Nope, but tap water from Mexico works great.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a quick fix? Do you want the weight gone by tomorrow? What's the rush?

Please know that you are worth all of the effort it takes to achieve your weight loss goal. You can experiment with magic pills, injections, cabbage soup diets or whatever all you want. What really works takes a little more time. Count your calories, log your food and move more. You are worth the investment. Your body is the only place you have to live.
  • michaelahurstt
    Options
    I took meizitang 2 years ago i lose 5kg in 3 weeks but when i stopped i gained back double and the side effects were awful :( i need a diet pill to help me kick start my weightloss and curb my appetite :(
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have taken and am back on it, a combination of two. They are OTC, but they've worked. I get them at the Dollar Tree. One is called Weight Loss, and on the label it says to take 3 tablets 3 times daily with food. I don't do that. I take one daily with my other morning pills. The second one is called Green Tea Slim. The label also calls for 3 per day with food. I don't do that either. that one goes with my morning pills too. Of course the other pills in the morning I take are prenatal vitamins, vitamin d, Depakote, vitex, propranolol, and wellbutrin. I'm also s'pposed to be taking Krill Oil, but unfortunately I can't afford it. I stopped taking fish oil that was in placement of the Krill Oil, because of the smell and after burp-it literally smelled like rotten sushi. Yuck. But yea...those two I mentioned above(weight loss and green tea slim), they work great for me.

Hi. Please explain how it's working so well when your ticker says you lost 0? I'm confused is all.

First off, I have no idea why the ticker is saying zero. The scale is saying I have been losing.

Second of all I just mentioned going back on it. I just barely started taking it again this month. I will find how well it's doing this time around on the 1st. All I know is it worked before. Along with my usual daily tasks(well at least back when I first took them, I was seeing great results) and good food. Now I just need to continue that. I have been trying though.
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    And why the prenatal vitamin at the same time. Concerning.

Prenatal vitamins for a multivitamin
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Back in 09 i brought 120 capsule Metabolife 356 from Sams Club and lost 80lbs within a few months but experienced side effects so stopped taking them.
  • chadya07
    Options
    when i was 17-19 i was addicted to meth. that worked pretty well...

of course i gained it all back as soon as i stopped taking it, and then some.

stupid meth diet.

Props! Someone had to say it.

EDIT; And that works because you eat less. That is the cold hard truth.

true, i ate less because it supressed my hunger. just like the OP was looking for. although i am SURE that she wanted one that didnt say meth on the label....

anyway i know its dark humor but it was only partially a joke anyway. my doctor went over all the options for pills with me even when i kept telling her i didnt want them. (she said she still tells people the details so that they make informed choices if they end up picking, and not just using whatever)i told her i used to have a meth problem and i didnt want anything especially if it was an upper or addictive, she said that pretty much ruled everything out that she thought wasnt a scam. so then i left and continued eating at a defecit and using will power and motivation combined with not taking myself too seriously and voila, weight loss.
  • n3ver3nder
    n3ver3nder Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You could try amphetamines, DNP, clebuterol, tape worms or severe burns.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    chadya07 said: stupid meth diet.

That's funny. Really dark humor but funny. Much congratulations on digging your way out from under.

Yep..what I was thinking.
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    About 3 years ago I went on Phentermine for about 6 months and lost about 70 pounds. I went off the pills and gained back 40 over the course of about 2 years. About 7 months ago decided "Enough!" and have lost 59 pounds without any pills and learning how to eat real food and recognize hunger and other things that I needed to come to terms with.
  • mandimahoney5
    Options
    Incorrect - Researchers at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and the Department of Medicine and Psychiatry at St. Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital have actually measured the size of the stomachs of people before and after 4 weeks of eating less. They found that dieters had their stomachs shrink by 27-36%!
    your stomach does not stretch out or shrink that is a common misconception.your stomach can only hold so much food.It does expand to a degree when you eat but it will stay the normal size when you eat less. only way to make it smaller is by surgery
    I am on adipex-p. Doctor prescribed. If you are too large they will not prescribe it to you. My husband 340 lb they would not give it to him. They wanted him to loose 40 then they would talk about it again.

Me I am on it. I started on it at 245lb. I am 233 now 20 days later. Yes I am on a low calorie diet 1200-1400 a day,

A lot of people will down the use of pills. But I see it no differently than if you had surgery.
    Surgery and pills can help and fail. With both you need to change you lifestyle/way of eating for the rest of your life to keep it off. I know this, And when I stop the pills I will still be loosing weight and keep it off.

if a stomach has been streached out too big you will have a hard time ever feeling full. So taking this pill a few months would help shrink your tummy because you are eating less. So with a smaller tummy when you get off the pill, you will be fuller sooner, and eat less. As long as you keep your new habits.

A good example of this is I use to be able to eat an entire medium pizza. The other day I made a pizza for dinner. I worked out for two hours that morning to have the calories for a extra sclice. So 3 total. I ended up being full and unable to eat the extra one I worked out for. I was ok with that, and happy.
  • lioness0408
    lioness0408 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was prescribed ionamin ( which i think are banned now ) about 20 years ago and lost 5.5 stone in 6 months but as soon as i stopped the tablets it went back on and more over the next 2 years
    This time i aim to do it just by cutting down on my calorie intake..... i feel i will have a much better chance of keeping it off this time