Really Awesome Pumpkin Egg Things

Options
panchakshara
panchakshara Posts: 37 Member
So this is basically stolen verbatim from another website, except that when I make these, I typically cut the amount of sugar down to two tsp from three, and generally opt to use 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices. It's a recipe for mini pumpkin breakfast souffles. The recipe makes four individual size servings, but I like to eat 2 to 4 servings at a time, making a complete meal out of it. It's pretty quick to make (30 minutes total, counting the time that it takes to preheat your oven and allow the souffles to cool) and doesn't require a lot of work. The entire recipe as I prepare it with less sugar (4 servings) is 396 calories and has 26 grams of carbs, 12 grams of sugar, 19 grams of fat, and 25 grams of protein. Not bad for a pumpkin themed food. Anyway, here's the original recipe, as taken from Alea Milham's Premeditated Leftovers Blog, but feel free to use my modifications!

Ingredients
4 large eggs
½ cup pureed pumpkin
3 teaspoons coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
1 tablespoon cornstarch (or 2 tablespoons flour)
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ginger
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon salt

Directions
Grease ramekins. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl. Use a whisk to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
Divide the mixture between 4 – 4 ounce ramekins or 3 – 6 ounce* ramekins.
Place ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes or until they are puffed up, with golden tops, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Link to post is http://premeditatedleftovers.com/recipes-cooking-tips/pumpkin-spice-egg-puffs/