45 to 200 BPM?

Options
sr2000
sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
I've been keeping track of my heart rate and calorie expenditure with my Polar F6 for several weeks now. My resting rate was around 58-73 BPM and moderate exercise put me at about 125-140, and with higher intensity intervals a 3 minute sprint got my heart rate up to 184 at the highest.
Now suddenly, starting this week my resting rate has been around 54, dipping as low as 45 BPM. Then when I did a short jumprope workout this afternoon my heart rate jumped to 200 and I wasn't feeling over exerted or pushing too hard.
This seems like such a drastic change from the last several weeks. Has anyone else had his happen?

Replies

• sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping track of my heart rate and calorie expenditure with my Polar F6 for several weeks now. My resting rate was around 58-73 BPM and moderate exercise put me at about 125-140, and with higher intensity intervals a 3 minute sprint got my heart rate up to 184 at the highest.
    Now suddenly, starting this week my resting rate has been around 54, dipping as low as 45 BPM. Then when I did a short jumprope workout this afternoon my heart rate jumped to 200 and I wasn't feeling over exerted or pushing too hard.
    This seems like such a drastic change from the last several weeks. Has anyone else had his happen?
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't had my heart rate dip that low before but it has been as high as 200. Actually if I'm really working hard, I can get it to 220-240. Sometimes it's fine that way and sometimes I get a little dizzy, so whether or not I take a break and let my heart slow down depends on how it's making me feel. If you feel OK, I would think it's nothing to be worried about.

I do know there are several OTC meds that can mess with your heart rate and such, especially pseudophedrine. Have you been taking any medicine this week that you weren't before? That might be the cause.
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    This is kind of off the subject, do you guys like your f6? i am looking at getting one.
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    wow... that would be kind of alarming to me but nightangelstars makes a good point about medicines that might be affecting your heart rate. I guess it could also be that you heart rate moniter is acting up. If it continues you should probably see your doctor to make sure you're okay Better safe than sorry.