Feeling uncomfortable with my body?

Options
I kind of like this new, skinny, body that I have. I'm 5'6 34-24.5-34.5 and have lost a ton of weight off my boobs. I kind of feel asexual now. I kind of resent my period. I hate being a woman since I've never been in love and will never have a baby. It makes having body seem like a giant waste of time.

When I was a 36-26.5-36 I was really curvy. I ran around constantly and ate whatever the hell I wanted. I got a lot of attention from men, which I always resented. It made me angry having this womanly body, but never getting asked out.

Now I look really scrawny, am OK with men not looking at me, but I also seem to totally want to eliminate all the last vestiges of my femininity.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You can change your body shape with weight lifting. It will add the curves you are looking for.
    Get some therapy. Start meditation.
    If you are not already doing yoga, find a class --- it helps tremendously with body acceptance.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I kind of like this new, skinny, body that I have. I'm 5'6 34-24.5-34.5 and have lost a ton of weight off my boobs. I kind of feel asexual now. I kind of resent my period. I hate being a woman since I've never been in love and will never have a baby. It makes having body seem like a giant waste of time.

When I was a 36-26.5-36 I was really curvy. I ran around constantly and ate whatever the hell I wanted. I got a lot of attention from men, which I always resented. It made me angry having this womanly body, but never getting asked out.

Now I look really scrawny, am OK with men not looking at me, but I also seem to totally want to eliminate all the last vestiges of my femininity.

You should absolutely see a therapist and discuss these feelings. These kinds of feelings are really extreme and you're going to need some help to sort through them.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You should absolutely see a therapist and discuss these feelings. These kinds of feelings are really extreme and you're going to need some help to sort through them.
    +1