Weigh-in question

CarolHudson11
CarolHudson11 Posts: 372
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I don't have a scale in my house. I'm going to buy one next week, but as for now I have to go somewhere else to weigh. Should I allot pounds for the clothes I'm wearing when I step on the scale, and if so how much?

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    hard to say on that but i would wait to get an actual weight loss on a scale your going to use consistent
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    When I weigh in on my Wii it subtracts different amounts of pound based on they type of clothes you're wearing. For heavy clothes (sweats, sweatshirt, etc.) it subtracts 4 pounds. For light clothes (t-shirt, short, etc.) it subtracts 2 pounds.
  • Yeah. Thanks. I just wanted to get an "idea" of where I am. I guess I'll just jump on and use it as just that - a general idea of where I am. :)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    2-5lbs and it also may depend on if you have eaten or drank
  • Just wait until you get your scale. Some scales read differently and you could get discouraged. I just bought a scale at Wal-Mart for $9. Weigh your self in the mornings at the same time everyday (naked, after you pee, before breakfast). You should get a true reading that way.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    i tend to read differently on all scales so i make sure to use the one at home as my guide. I weigh in under the same circumstances each time....right after waking up, peeing, getting naked and stepping on... and the wii gives u between 2-5 lbs or so depending on how heavy your clothing is ,and for me its never the same as my scale number
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    I have found scales to be inconsistent and water weight to be more misleading than clothes since a person's weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds throughout the day. The key is to use the same scale and weigh yourself at the same time of the day with the same clothes (like your underwear) every time you weigh. In this way, you can get an idea how much you are losing as opposed to what your 'real' weight is. It would be helpful to buy a scale since the best time to weigh yourself is the morning after you have gone to the bathroom and before you eat or drink anything.
  • Okay, I'm taking your advice. I'm waiting until I get my own scale. If I go and have gained 5 lbs. I'll be more than disappointed. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing until I have a scale in my bathroom. Thanks, guys! :)
This discussion has been closed.