decent workout videos that show results?

Options
all I have been doing is running / walking but I need to tone up a bit now, I'm not sure where to start and what workouts are good for a starter that doesn't have the money to get a gym membership / equipment ( right now at least )

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Any workout that you will stick with is a good one. Seriously.

That being said, everyone is different so what really works well for me, may not work for you.

What kinds of things do you like doing?

If you like dance fitness, you can get loads of videos for free on YouTube and you can just make a playlist and build your own workout. Search for stuff like Zumba or dance fitness on YouTube. If you like ballet, check out Ballet Beautiful - there's some free workouts on YouTube. There's also stuff like Yoga and aerobics, jazzercise, pretty much whatever you can think of.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options

That being said, everyone is different so what really works well for me, may not work for you.

If you like dance fitness, you can get loads of videos for free on YouTube and you can just make a playlist and build your own workout. Search for stuff like Zumba or dance fitness on YouTube. If you like ballet, check out Ballet Beautiful - there's some free workouts on YouTube. There's also stuff like Yoga and aerobics, jazzercise, pretty much whatever you can think of.

when it comes to physical activity almost nothing I like.
    I'm pretty motivated with anything I start though, so I was hoping to find something other people started with that showed results / wasn't awful.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    By "tone up" you mean lose fat then eat at a calorie deficit.

For cardio running will do just fine, as mentioned check youtube for an unlimited supply of workout routines.

For strength training try googling " strength training without weights ". Plenty of body weight exercises to do at home or locked in a jail cell. LoL
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options

when it comes to physical activity almost nothing I like.
    I'm pretty motivated with anything I start though, so I was hoping to find something other people started with that showed results / wasn't awful.

That's kind of the problem. If you don't enjoy your workouts or look forward to them, you're going to have a harder time continuing. I like Zumba, but if you don't like dancing, you're not going to stick with it. Same for anything else. You really need to find something you like. Or just stick with the running. As long as you're at a caloric deficit, you will burn the fat you're trying to lose. Exercise is for fitness and isn't required for weight loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Results happen when you COMMIT to whatever program you do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying the 30day shred videos (from you tube). It's a mix of cardio and body weight training. (Squats, planks etc). They have complemented my running really well and each workout is only 20 mins so it's easy to get through even if you have low motivation at the start. It helps if you have a set of dumbells but two bottles of water would do the trick to start with,
  • Maqneta
    Options
    I've been enjoying the 30day shred videos (from you tube). It's a mix of cardio and body weight training. (Squats, planks etc). They have complemented my running really well and each workout is only 20 mins so it's easy to get through even if you have low motivation at the start. It helps if you have a set of dumbells but two bottles of water would do the trick to start with,

thanks looked it up!
    there's 3 levels, guessing you should start on level 1 or do you pick a level?
  • Maqneta
    Options
    oh man 30 day shred is going to have me in pain! hopefully I see results with it.
  • healthyhayles
    Options
    SERIOUSLY you NEED to search Blogilates on Youtube. Great for toning and overall fitness. x
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've found Fitnessblender videos really helpful.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred and her other video Ripped in 30 for a few months until I could commit to the gym, and they were very effective.