Working out and eating right and then gaining due to binges

heathersolo
heathersolo Posts: 2
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I am so frustrated with myself-- I fell off the nutrition train over the holidays and gained 4 lbs. backof the 13 I recently lost. I am so frustrated with myself. I kept working out, but I guess the food has to stay down too. I did not think I ate nearly enough to gain 4lbs, but I also was in denial of my 90lbs weight gain over three years!!!! I hate it when I screw up and now i have to re-lose. I just need a positive outlook on it- two steps forward, one back?

Replies

• xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    its never too late to get back on the train. as long as you learn from it
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    It's more like 3 steps forward, 1 step back. This is a long journey--there are bound to be trouble spots along the way. Food seems to play a bigger role than exercise (though it's important if you want to be toned and strong!) for weight loss for most people. This is due to the fact that it doesn't take much to consume 500 calories (think a brownie with ice cream in 2 minutes) but it takes like a good hour of exercise to burn 500 calories! You can and will recover from this gain! Some of it may even be water retention from the higher sodium foods we tend to consume over the holidays.
  • stay positive. and just keep working at it!!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Don't worry about the weight gain over the holidays. Part of this is due to the increase sodium in the food we eat. Drink lots of water over the next few days and the extra weight should come off. That happened to me and I drank double the water I usually drink and by the time I was to weigh in I was actually down. Keep your chin up you can do this. Drink the water, it will help!

Carrie:smile:
  • I know exactly how you feel! I have gained 3 lbs back from the 11 I have lost and I am so mad at myself today. It's so hard but I'm going to try to drink more water and remember that nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels. :smile: Hang in there and know that you can do it - I keep trying to tell myself that!
  • Wow- thanks everyone- I am committing to 4 days of a lemon water to flush sodium, eat shole foods and working out- I hope that this will bring me back to 260. Thank you for the different point of views- I did get some motivation from these simple replies- spanx!!! Happy New Years. And yes, nothing will taste as good today as thin will feel this summer!!!!
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    If your holiday season was like mine, it's easy to understand. We ate out a lot - restaurants or other peoples' houses. I tried to estimate the calories but I know I was never right on. Tried to fit in exercise, but not as much as I should have! Good news - tomorrow is not only a new day but a new year. Best wishes for a successful and healthy 2011!
This discussion has been closed.