Fitness goals for the New Year

smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm no longer going to make resolutions. This year I am only setting goals for my self.
My main goal for this year - run a 1/2 marathon.
Some mini goals:
Get into a shoe.
Learn to run
a few 5k's
a few 10 k's
Maintain my current weight
Tone and build some muscle.

Non fitness goal - find something new to volunteer for - my cooking is done :(
What are your fitness goals for the New Year?

Replies

• Good goals! I ran my first 5k this past fall... I would like to run a few more races this year too... perhaps work up to a 1/2 marathon by the end of summer/fall as well! My main goal is to gain some confidence this year... :)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    My goal is to complete the Warrior Dash!
  • I have two goals right now. The first is to learn to run again. I used to run, but it's been years. And the second is to lose 5 lbs by the end of January. These two things I can do. Happy New Year!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    my first goal is to lose 5% of weight

sw: 177
    5% goal weight: 168.15
    first 10 ib goal weight: 167
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I want to run 3 5ks! My first one will be April or May, then I want to do one late summer and then I'll do the Pancreatic Cancer one again which is in November.
  • In 2011 running is at the forefront of my fitness goals. I want to run at least two smaller events (5k or 10k) before a half-marathon in the summer. Then, another half-marathon in September.
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    You are all inspiring.....I could only dream of some of the things that you all WILL accomplish. For myself my goals my seem small but small steps still lead to better things down the road.

Fitness goals:
    1) be able to rise from ANY chair no matter the height without assistance
    2) work a full day without pain
    3) and what probably should have been #1.......keep myself OUT of a wheelchair!

BTW...as a side note if you haven't seen one of my posts yet, or read my profile....I have Acute Progressive MS, that I fully intend to help STOP progressing and even see improvement with weight loss and exercise.
  • You are all inspiring.....I could only dream of some of the things that you all WILL accomplish. For myself my goals my seem small but small steps still lead to better things down the road.

Fitness goals:
    1) be able to rise from ANY chair no matter the height without assistance
    2) work a full day without pain
    3) and what probably should have been #1.......keep myself OUT of a wheelchair!

BTW...as a side note if you haven't seen one of my posts yet, or read my profile....I have Acute Progressive MS, that I fully intend to help STOP progressing and even see improvement with weight loss and exercise.

Inspiring and may all your goals become realities in the new year.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I hope you all reach your goals this year!
    You can do anything you set you mind to!
    Steph
This discussion has been closed.