My daughter made me cry this morning

Options
I got up this morning and checked facebook, I was tagged into this comment from my daughter about how Meningitis invaded our lives:-

4 years ago today, my beautiful 11 month old baby girl was nearly taken from me, by this horrific illness!! After her waking up with a temp I could not get down, and just her not being her usual self i took her to doctors. He sent us to hospital for tests, and after a couple of hours she became critical!! She then developed the dreaded "rash" and we new what we were fighting. The first night In hospital we were told to say our goodbyes but by some miracle (and lots of prayers) After a week in hospital and a few weeks at home Rose made a full recovery, she was one of the lucky ones!!!! DONT wait for the rash, trust your instincts and seek medical advice xxxx

September is the worst time of the year for Meningitis to strike and it can kill in HOURS!
Its not just babies either.... students going off to Uni for the first time, they think theyve got a hangover or flu, I know a 40 year old man who lost his legs.

please, I beg you al, l spend 5 minutes looking at this meningitis symptoms link below.....download the symptom card and put it on your fridge. You think it wont happen to your family but it can.

http://www.meningitis.org/symptoms/babies

My Gorgous grand daughter is perfect, she is the UK champion ballet dancer under 6.... it could have been an entirely differnt story!