Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Glamorous!

Ok ladies, this has to be shared. This morning I woke up, a little late thinking " I need to go for my jog... but I don't want to get out of bed yet" but then I realized, the sooner I get up and get it done with, the sooner I can move on to something else today that's gonna help me "whip it!" So I get up, get dressed, braid my hair and get outside. It's FREEZING here, I live in central west Oregon, so we thankfully have no snow, but below freezing at a frigid 27 degrees. I put on "Evacuate the dance floor" and just flew. I felt like I was floating on my feet and jogged the whole first mile without stopping. I was so proud of myself as I was running, saying to myself, "just look at you go, Brooke. Look at how far you've gone!" Shortly after I realized how good it felt to stretch my lungs and breathe, and feel my heart pound as I was going... I felt a warm tear streak down my cheek. Yep ladies, I cried this morning because when I started doing this whole, "RUN EVERY DAY " thing... I couldn't even go for 100 feet without panting and stopping...and now I'm just go go going... as I got closer to home, I really wanted to give up and just chill... but I kept my eyes on my feet, not on the long road I had left to get to the house, and I notice, as I was looking towards the ground, the leaves looked like big lips, and the frost made everything look so beautiful and GLAMOROUS! I just kept my mind on that instead of how far I had left and before I knew it, I was at our mailbox. ... So long story... but just to know that the harder I pushed myself and how difficult it's been, and how many time's I've wanted to give up, the fact that I didn't and I can do as much as I can now, and the fact I still want to do it again, well it's just amazing. I'm just proud today!!!

Replies

• stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Congratulations! It is a real accomplishment and be proud!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Nice work! an inspiration!!
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    A beautiful story! Thank you for sharing, and keep on doing what you're doing :)
  • That is awesome :) I love to run too and it means so much when you look back and remember how hard it was to start! Good for you and keep going!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    That is awesome! What a great accomplishment!
  • Good for you!! you should be proud of yourself!!
  • Awesome! Keep up the good work! Thank you for sharing. That is very inspirational, and you definitely deserve to be proud!
  • goodjobrunner
    goodjobrunner Posts: 7 Member
    What a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. It is truly inspiring.
  • RFish
    RFish Posts: 7 Member
    How inspirational this story is! Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    That's a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing how far you've come. What an accomplishment! You go girl!!!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    I love that song!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Congratulations on the run. I'm going ot have to add that to my Nano.
    Glamorous by Fergie
    Fergalicious by Fergie
    Like a G6 by Far East Movement

are all great to run to.
  • You need to be proud of yourself. Whoohooo on staying focused, Keep up the great work.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Oh Brooke, Thank you for pointing me towards this post. I am overwhelmed with emotion and have tears streaming down my face. I hear what you're saying and know it to be true from my own past experiences of long ago and even not-so-long ago. Thankfully, I *remember* that feeling of being able to cycle 40km almost effortlessly or swim 100 laps almost effortlessly or do 2 or even 3 back-to-back aerobic classes. That feeling is incredible on so many levels and I want it back. Thanks for the reminder. You've just given me something else to type up and stick on my bathroom mirror.