stuck on a plateau

Options
I'm stuck at 242nand feeling very discouraged. I've been stuck in and around 242 for over a month now I know I've lost inches because I'm wearing clothes that didn't fit before. but I just can't seem to break through this plateau. I exercise no less than 3 days a week and stay within my calorie range; however I don't do great with vegetables and I've been eating out lately (although I try to stick to my calories) Any suggestions?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches, that's fantastic. Are you weighing and measuring your food? How tall are you?
  • cosmo8954
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 3.5 inches. I'm not sure about how many inches I've lost, but my clothes are fitting better.
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    probably water retention from working out. happened to me. then I took a rest day (or two lol) and it all went away and I droped a few pounds in a day. before that I was losing inches but gaining weight.

other suggestions
    - time of month water gain
    - high carb or salt making you retain?
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    there are a few things you can do.
    #1 - drink a ton of water
    #2 - UP your calories. this is counter-intuitive, but it worked for me when i hit a plateau about 2 years ago. i went up in calories on the weekends by about 1,000 calories per day, then went back to "very strict" on my week days. i dropped a few pounds and passed that place where i was stuck.
    #3 - increase strength-training and work-out with weights. weight-lifting is very good for helping you burn calories after you leave the gym. cardio = burning calories only while you are physically doing it.
    #4 - don't worry :smile: i know, easier said than done, but sometimes we stress so much, we actually give ourselves a road block. losing inches, IMO, is far more important than losing pounds. weight can fluctuate during the month and with water weight, salty food, etc. but once those inches are gone, they are GONE! :smile: