Daily Challenges

WinterBlue
WinterBlue Posts: 42
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Didn't see a daily FITNESS challenge section on here so I thought I would start one...at least for today and whenever day anyone else decides to utilize the technique.

Why the need for daily challenge? I would have liked to work out today but I have a lot of studying to do and I just wasn't in the mood to go to the gym...unfortunately this means hours of sitting on my rear.

The challenge: 3 minutes of jumping jacks per hour X however many hours you are sedentary.

Example: From 1100am-800pm today i will be sedentary: sitting on the couch with the books. Some breaks in between but still don't want to use my break to workout. Therefore From 1100-800 I will be doing 3 minutes of jumping jacks per hour...I split that into 60 minutes. Every 20 minutes I will do 1 minute of jumping jacks. Or you could do it all at once and be done with it for an hour! it's tougher that way though. I usually range from 65-100 jacks in a minute putting me over 1800 total for the day! and according to FP approx 245 calories burned for 30 minutes...

So.... you have the challenge...how many did you have to do overall? basically how many hours did you find yourself to be sedentary.?

This could be a good trend....or it could be just me...we'll see how it goes. if there are a more popular post for daily fitness or rather occasional fitness challenges on here i can certainly move mine or jump on board; let me know.
This discussion has been closed.