Swimming after a gym session

Options
Hello

I have just started going to the gym again. Im going to my local Nuffield health centre here in Chesterfield.

What im doing when i get there is 30 mins of random hill walking on the running machine on level 15 at a speed of 5.5. I then move on to the cross trainer and do another 30mins on randon hills again on level 6 and try to keep my speed over 15.

That is all i do at the moment as im not fit enough to do anymore. But there is a swimming pool there and i was wondering if it would be good for me to get in the pool after my hour of excersise and do 10 to 15 lenths at a slow pace. Would this help burn my fat on my body.

Thanks

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    the simple answer to your question is. yes.
    i combine treadmill/ swimming. most days.if you can manage 60 mins of cardio, 15 llengths in a pool should be a breeze.
    i do recommend taking a rest between the 2 activities tho.
    i usually warm down in the jacuzzi for 20 mins or so between different activities.
    mix and match and see how your body feels.
    i have lost nearly 3 stone in 3 months. which i see is your goal too.
    g luck.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an awesome idea to me.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Any additional exercise will burn more calories. It will also tend to make you hungrier. So it will help with fat loss only if you don't overcompensate for the exercise by eating more calories than you burn.

Swimming is great exercise; it's low impact but can be as intense as you want it to be. Go for it, but be careful not to overestimate calories burned.