How do I make the most of my annual physical?

Options
I have a physical scheduled this week with my primary care doc. This will be the first appointment since I started making diet and exercise changes 5 months ago. Any tips for questions or tests? Anything beyond cholesterol and sugar checks?

Replies

• serenity521
    serenity521 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, you may want to have your vitamin D level checked if it is covered by your insurance. Vitamin levels are important to overall bodily functions. Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle change :smile:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Call ahead, ask the appointment desk if the doctor can give you any additional tests, measurements, etc to help you with helping you improve your fitness further. Many family doctors are offering fitness programs as part of their practice now. My husband had a genetic test done that was very helpful.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I have a physical scheduled this week with my primary care doc. This will be the first appointment since I started making diet and exercise changes 5 months ago. Any tips for questions or tests? Anything beyond cholesterol and sugar checks?

Brace yourself for all the congratulations on your weight loss comments! I imagine your doc will be impressed. I usually take any lingering pains and restrictions I'm feeling with my exercise to my doc and she can usually figure something out.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Call ahead, ask the appointment desk if the doctor can give you any additional tests, measurements, etc to help you with helping you improve your fitness further. Many family doctors are offering fitness programs as part of their practice now.

Ooh, good reminder. My practice offers something. I started one day of it two years ago and then never followed up with it. I guess I just wasn't ready. I hope they'll take me back. I recall it came with two personal training sessions and free visits with the nutritionist.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    B12 and Folate
  • dieter1200
    dieter1200 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thyroid check.