Underweight

Options
I'm 5'1" and I currently weigh 92 lbs. I've lost almost 25 pounds to get to this weight. However, I know my weight isn't very healthy. I love the fact I have abs now. Is there a way to gain muscle weight without losing my flat stomach? If so, what kinds of foods should I be eating/how many calories a day? (I currently eat probably about 1400). I work out 6 days a week, 3 days cardio and 3 days with weights.

Replies

• faduma123
    faduma123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    could you tell me how you lost wieght
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    have you tried lifting weights?

oops i re read your post and you do lift :)
  • smoriarity
    Options
    I lost the weight by counting calories and exercising almost every day. It took me a year and a half to lose the weight.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just eat slightly above your maintenance, train hard with the weights, and if you gain a little fat as well as muscle, well, you know how to cut so you can just trim that off afterwards. Basically, do a bulk and cut cycle would be my advice.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would eat at maintenance for right now and just hammer a progressive lifting program.

At some point in order to put on real size- you'll have to gain fat with it- then cut back down- it's the most efficient way to do it- but if you aren't on a progressive strength program currently- you can probably get 6 months worth of strength gains out of that.
  • jazzcatastrophe
    jazzcatastrophe Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You probably need to do a bulk/cut cycle if you want to gain muscle. You need to up your calories substantially if you want to gain muscle weight. You will gain some fat when you do, but you can eat at a deficit after that to lose the fat and continue lifting to hopefully maintain the muscle.
  • smoriarity
    Options
    Okay thank you!