gastric bypass or lap banding????

Options
2»

Replies

• phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Band fitted in April 2010 - didnt know at the time I was pregnant. Had our beautiful healthy boy in November 2010 so now having fills.

Got a 10cc band with 6cc in it, and lost 13lbs so far (since having 1st fill 5 weeks ago).

Glad to see WLS folk :D
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Got my band Nov 2010.. Lost 68 pounds since my surgery. I have had 2 fills so far.. I got 2cc the first time and 1 cc yesterday .
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Got my band on June 23, 2008. Still working on getting to goal, but so happy I did it!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yep! Still here! Congrats to the newbies and those who have had to get back on track. You can do it! I'm a "sleeve" and maintaining at this point.
  • saeverman
    Options
    I had a gastric bypass in 2002. I have had nothing but complications since then, but would do the lap band if I could do it over. I went from 300 to 160 and got to maintain it for about a year. Then started taking steroids and put back on 90 lbs in 6 months. I am finally off the steroids and have been able to get back down to 190. Weight loss is definitely slower the second time around! Wishing everyone the best on their WLS journeys! Feel free to send me a message.

Stephanie E
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the MFP group for all WLS patients again. Please come join us. Hope you check it out, it is for post ops or any considering a WLS. It is a safe haven. Check it out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/180611-wls-support-and-inspirational-information
    [/quote]