Wii Fit

Options
mommy2js
mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
OMG!!!!!!! This thing is SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!! You have to get one! I have been on it for about 35 minutes now and have tried a bunch of different exercises. It is cool because it makes you master certain skills before unlocking a harder workout. For example, a run - it makes you go for only 3 minutes at a time until you can keep the correct pace, then unlock the longer run. The hula hoop is SO fun! Except, can anyone give me an idea of calorie burning for that? I can tell you that after 2 minutes of hula hoop my heart rate was higher than after the 3 minute run. I know these sound like small times, but I am NOT a runner, but this is FUN!

Also, the balance games are great - downhill skiing, table tilting, all kinds. I haven't done too much of the Yoga or Strength training yet, will try that later.

Anyone else buy one today?

Replies

• mommy2js
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!! This thing is SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!! You have to get one! I have been on it for about 35 minutes now and have tried a bunch of different exercises. It is cool because it makes you master certain skills before unlocking a harder workout. For example, a run - it makes you go for only 3 minutes at a time until you can keep the correct pace, then unlock the longer run. The hula hoop is SO fun! Except, can anyone give me an idea of calorie burning for that? I can tell you that after 2 minutes of hula hoop my heart rate was higher than after the 3 minute run. I know these sound like small times, but I am NOT a runner, but this is FUN!

Also, the balance games are great - downhill skiing, table tilting, all kinds. I haven't done too much of the Yoga or Strength training yet, will try that later.

Anyone else buy one today?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I did!!!!
    I love the running... too cute!!!
    My oldest loves the hula hooping.
    I will try some more tonight after the girls are in bed and I can have it all to myself :devil:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don't have your answers but I am so jealous. I can't wait to get one. Its on my wish list.
  • mommy2js
    Options
    I usually hate exercising, but this truly does feel like a game, not exercise.
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    do you actually run while standing on that board thing? Are there any sports that you play on it, i thought somebody told me you could play soccer.
    I can't wait to get one!
  • mommy2js
    Options
    do you actually run while standing on that board thing? Are there any sports that you play on it, i thought somebody told me you could play soccer.
    I can't wait to get one!

when you run, you do it with the remote in your pocket on the floor.

you play soccer kind of, head the ball when it comes at you - it is a balance game

THE BEST
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Doesn't it calculate the calories for you???
    That's what I thought.
    I want to get Wii so bad.
    And as I wrote in a thread today, Costco has it for $79.99
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i love my wii fit, it is just so cute!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I can't wait to get one!
    You use the remote.
    You can either put it in your pocket or just hold it.
    I actually run and I did break a sweat.
  • BabyGrlRae
    BabyGrlRae Posts: 10
    Options
    Love mine!

It doesn't calculate calories, mostly just BMI progress. I wore my heart monitor while I tried out a lot of the stuff and burned about 450 calories in a little over an hour, and that was mostly doing the yoga with a little bit of the aerobic-emphasis stuff.

The best part about it is that it's honest with you. It will say "You're obese" or "You need to work harder at ___" but also gives a lot of praise when you're doing something right. Really helps with the motivation.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I agree with rae.
    I suck at the yoga tree pose.
    I was all over the place!!!
    My upper body strength isn't all that good so the strength training is helping me out.

• BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    ahhhh I want one!!! The mall near here , every store that was carrying Wii Fit sold out within 30 minutes of opening :noway: I've told hubby he's buying me this , and since I didn't get a mothers day gift , he better come thru ! :devil:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I just read in my local paper that the Wii Fit is going to be harder to come by than the actual Wii was unless you were the lucky few that remembered to preorder . I preordered on the second wave of preorders and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll actually get it tomorrow. The paper said that it should be readily available by the end of July. Just an FYI.....
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    SN!!!!
    Where the heck have u been woman?!?!?!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    SN!!!!

JOANN!!!!!! :happy:

Yeah, been AWOL for awhile....but I'm back and ready to get this partay started again. Oh my, that puppy in your pic is sooooo cute!
  • mommy2js
    Options
    I just read in my local paper that the Wii Fit is going to be harder to come by than the actual Wii was unless you were the lucky few that remembered to preorder . I preordered on the second wave of preorders and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll actually get it tomorrow. The paper said that it should be readily available by the end of July. Just an FYI.....

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that Circuit City doesn't presell their items, so if you go on a shipment day and get there early, you should be able to get one. If you are really obsessed, you can get it at amazon.com for about 1/2 again the cost.:ohwell:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    SN!!!!

Yeah, been AWOL for awhile....but I'm back and ready to get this partay started again. Oh my, that puppy in your pic is sooooo cute!
    You've been MIA for quite some time.. I would always use Seinfield quotes but no one would get it and I would think about you :laugh: :ohwell:

Glad to have you back!!!

• SoupNazi
    Options
    SN!!!!

You've been MIA for quite some time.. I would always use Seinfield quotes but no one would get it and I would think about you :laugh: :ohwell:

Glad to have you back!!!

Aww shucks, thanks Joanna:blushing:

Hope you've been practicing the ever favorite mantra..."SERENITY NOW!" I sure have.:laugh:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    SN!!!!

Glad to have you back!!!

Aww shucks, thanks Joanna:blushing:

Hope you've been practicing the ever favorite mantra..."SERENITY NOW!" I sure have.:laugh:
    That went out the window very quickly :huh: