Replies

• mmellets
    mmellets Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Soy milk chocolate, toasted wheat bread and a banana is my first choice
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! You can put different things in to have variety. Nuts, fruit, nut butter, yogurt, raisins, etc. :)

Oatmeal is my fave breakfast. You can do so much with it.
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt , protein shake , oatmeal, or egg whites & turkey bacon
  • jknox529
    jknox529 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try and twist it up:

Cardio Days (Run Days)

- I/2 Cup Egg Whites (In a non stick pan with a dab of oil wiped on the pan with a paper towel)
    - 1 slice Multi Grain Bread
    - 1 servering oatmeal (plain)

280ish Calories, but very low in fat, high in potein and carbs

Strength Days

- Whey Protein Shot (200 Calories)
    - Bowl of Fruit (Mostly Mellon, with berries mixed in, 2 cups total)
    - 1/2 cut of Greek Yogurt Plain
    - 2 Table Spoons of Chia Seeds

This combo seems to give me the best staying power and maximizes the body's burn.
  • jessicagrieshaber
    jessicagrieshaber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been having a 100-calorie greek yogurt with half of a banana. Oatmeal is always a good option too, you can make it in like five minutes on the stove top. English muffin with peanut butter, cottage cheese with fruit, and hard boiled eggs on toast aren't bad options either.
  • ealbrow
    Options
    Someone asked what oats to use; I personally really like Quaker Oats: the ones that come in that huge canister. Good deal, and so versatile! (You can even use these to make oat flour!)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just to put it out there - there's nothing that says you have to eat "breakfast" foods for breakfast.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and ground oatmeal in a smoothie.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas!!
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Darn it, this thread has made me hungry.
  • BenJoeM
    Options
    I am in love with the MetaRX Protein Pancakes, they are amazing and can be mixed up with 1 scoop to make 2 nice sized cakes, that with an egg and fruit makes a solid meal for me.
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fage plain yogurt with a serving a fiber one......good for the plumbing.....
  • Jenny_Aguayo
    Jenny_Aguayo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat Hot Cheetos for breakfast :love: :love: :heart: :heart: if you blend hot cheetos and spinach and a little bit of milk its the best shake ever, perfect for breakfast. ( i suggest to also use as dipping sause for hot cheetos):drinker:
    Ive been on this for 2 weeks and I burned 30 calories!!!! AMEN!
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    whole wheat english muffin with reduced fat peanut butter

greek yogurt
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I eat Hot Cheetos for breakfast :love: :love: :heart: :heart: if you blend hot cheetos and spinach and a little bit of milk its the best shake ever, perfect for breakfast. ( i suggest to also use as dipping sause for hot cheetos):drinker:
    Ive been on this for 2 weeks and I burned 30 calories!!!! AMEN!

h51B82ABB
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    'Tis the season--for pumpkin spice oatmeal... I usually use one packet of Quaker plain oatmeal (made with water), a quarter cup of Libby's solid pumpkin, a tablespoon of chopped walnuts, and a generous dose of fresh-ground cinnamon or
    Winter Baking spice mix (Whole Foods). Yummy!

I also like to pair my eggs (either hard-boiled or scrambled in the microwave) with a Morningstar Farms 'sausage' patty.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I keep pre-measured baggies of trail mix or other crunchies (nuts, cereal, etc) that I can dump in a cup of Greek yogurt, eat, and go.

Also, protein shakes. Mine tend to be Greek yogurt, protein powder, and fruit, though it's pumpkin season so I've been swapping out the fruit for canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.

You can find recipes online for something called egg cups or mini frittatas. They're eggs, meat and veggies of your choice, all baked in a muffin tin. You can make a batch of them one weekend and refrigerate them until needed.

Also, look for to-go cups of peanut butter. They're pre-measured and about 250 calories usually. You can grab an apple or some toast to go with them.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Smoothies!!
  • WishfulBunny
    Options
    Maccas though that won't help for this site or in any case