New Year's Day Fitness Challenge

Options
My buddy, Daniel Beggs, and I created a little 30 minute fitness challenge that we plan on doing New Year's Day. We'd LOVE for you to join us. The workout is an 11 move pyramid/ladder...you start at move 11 and work your way up the ladder to move #1. Once completing move #1 (you only do crane once), you move back down the ladder, completing the moves in reverse order until you finish with move #11. Each move is done for 1 minute OR until failure. Please feel free to modify as you see fit. A demo video is posted below.

Be sure to do a warm-up and stretch prior to the workout and cool down and stretch again afterwards. The ladder itself will take 21 minutes.

The moves are:

#11--Leap side from old doubts by doing Airborne Heisman (from P90X)

#10--Pull yourself up for a New Year by doing Pull-ups (any combination of grips--wide, narrow, chin-ups, etc.)

#9 --Focus your New Year's Resolve with Bicycle Masons (from P90X Ab Ripper X--two Mason Twists with a bicycle in between)

#8 --Push yourself to set new goals with Round the Clock Push-ups (feet stay in the center of the circle while the arms move in a circle around the feet. With each move to the left or right of the 'clock' you do a push-up with a different hand position (standard, plange, wide, heart, military--if you're feeling it, throw in a plyo here or there!)--drop to your knees as needed

#7 --It's ski season somewhere...let's hit the mogul run with Monster Truck Jump Knee Tucks--slalom jump left, slalom jump right, jump back the center and jump knee tuck (a little modification of two moves from P90X)

#6 --Fly through your obstacles with Superman

#5 --Leap into the new year with Squat Jacks (from Insanity)

#4 --Hammer away at your New Year's resolve with Bicep Curls (pick your weight and vary regular curls, hammers, concentric, congdon--on the way back down the ladder invert to tricep moves--front to back, overheads and throw the bomb!)

#3 --Rid yourself of troublesome problems with The Dying Cockroach (lie on your back with arms extended above your head--raise hands six inches off the floor then crunch both ends towards one another at the same time, touching fingertips to toes at the top of the crunch if you can.

#2 --Show the new year you're going to take it by storm with Sumo Burpees

#1 --Find inner stability, balance and peace with Crane

Video demo (I apologize in advance for my poor video editing skills!)-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQVCl7rvRw

Here's to a fit and healthy 2011!!!!

Replies