Hi, I'm new here

Options
Just found this site today, and I'm looking for motivation and support. I'm a dieting veteran but I'm open to new ideas and advice. I'm all ready for the new year. I got my veggies, my yogurt, and a brand new journal. My basic plan is to eat 1800 calories a day, and walk my dog at least twice a week. I also have some exercise DVDs that I'm anxious to try out, at least once a week. I'll add to it later on when I build up some muscles. Next week is my daughter's 15th birthday. I promised we'd go out to dinner at Applebee's. I'm going to go to their website and plan out my dinner beforehand. I hope they still have the weightwatchers menu. Right now, I'm going for a short walk with my feisty cocker spaniel, Lady Belle.TTFN :smile:

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me. I know that Applebees has that 500 cal menu thing but you have to keep an eye on it. I've heard from some other people that they (the cooks) don't pay attention sometimes and send the wrong meal out. Have a good walk.

How about cottage cheese, fruit and some hummus?

Happy & Healthy New Year!
  • smirk
    smirk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the 411 on Applebee's. I do have hummus, the roasted red pepper variety. I like to use it on my turkey sandwich in place of mayo. Yummy. Didn't get to walk last night, my neighbor needed help getting his new refridgerator from the garage to the kitchen. My husband and I went over to help, Derek's wife is 7 months pregnant. The whole shalonge took almost 2 hours and I just went to bed. :frown: But, this morning, Lady and I walked for 30 minutes.:bigsmile: TTFN