Doing more than one Beachbody workout a day?

Options
I never thought I'd be up to it or actually want to, but I find myself doing more than one workout a day now. I may do 40 mins of Turbo Fire then 30 mins of Shaun T Rockin Body. I used to follow the turbo fire schedule but now I find I'm enjoying mixing things up. Do you find you aren't always satisfied with one workout (like any of the beachbody programs) and need or want to do more? I feel almost like the Rockin Body program really doesn't push me (maybe because I'm used to Turbo Fire and all of Chalene's programs). There isn't any HIIT or kick boxing moves so I feel like I need to do more or I haven't gotten enough of a burn. Would you say it's healthy to do more than one workout (with regard to the many at home workout beachbody programs)? Or perhaps it's different for everyone and just depends on your fitness level?

Replies

• pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would say it depends on your fitness level. You could always do two 20 min workouts a day. Maybe split the turbo fire workouts in half.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Y so much cardio?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on what your goals are.
    just keep doing it and see what happens. it's not like you're going to accidentally open a vortex to a hell dimension or something. the worst that can happen is that you get tired and have to take more rest days
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Y so much cardio?

Because she wants to?
  • Irishfaerie86
    Irishfaerie86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Y so much cardio?

I actually did the Shaun T Rock it Out workout which uses weights. The problem I'm having is I have a lot of cardio workouts but not many weight training workouts. I liked it but generally I do cardio and I know I need to introduce more weight training.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Y so much cardio?

I actually did the Shaun T Rock it Out workout which uses weights. The problem I'm having is I have a lot of cardio workouts but not many weight training workouts. I liked it but generally I do cardio and I know I need to introduce more weight training.

almost any video you can do in your home- will still be a cardio workout.

you need to move outside the video world and either get to a gym- OR start researching real body weight programs if you don't want to do the gym thing.

some programs/links to research.:
    You are your own gym
    convict conditioning
    body by you
    strength unbound.com
    nerd fitness: beginner body weight routine.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Y so much cardio?

Because she wants to?

Y does she want to?
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Y so much cardio?

Because she wants to?

Y does she want to?

Y does she want to? She's a woman. Lol
    Just kidding, I couldn't resist.
    Just keep doing what you are doing, get in some strength training, try to eat healthy and don't burn yourself out.