cant seem to get enough protein in my diet

Options
2»

Replies

• ealbrow
    Options
    Also, if you have a Trader Joe's by you, they have good almond butter at a decent price.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    There are millions of things you can throw grilled chicken into. Omelettes and rice being my favorites.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    no trader joes,no costcos,no whole foods,etc .all I have in my area is kroger,foodland,walmart supercenter and foodlion.

Also, if you have a Trader Joe's by you, they have good almond butter at a decent price.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    thanks everyone for the comments. keep them coming and any recipes would help as well as ideas. I get tired of eating the same thing all the time.
  • Makhai_
    Makhai_ Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Used to get greek yogurt at Wally World. Sorry, can't remember the brand. Roast chicken can be obtained there as well. It's quick, easy and fairly inexpensive.
    What about almond butter? It's another cheap alternative. Have you tried tofu? Very inexpensive and versatile. Hit the deli section for lunch meat. Another vote for cottage cheese. Eggs, you would be hard pressed to find a cheaper source of protein. Look into steel cut oatmeal. Not a lot of protein, but again very versatile. All should be available at your local Wally World.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    No tofu, its a soy products and I cant tolerate soy in many ways. almond butter is not cheap where I live its almost $8 a small jar and that is not in my budget right now.I eat old fashioned oatmeal because the steel cut for a small container here is more than $5 and Im on a budget.I do eat lunch meat once in awhile but again with the way prices are its not something I can afford every week(plus Im not the only one who eats it).cottage cheese I will eat also but that too is only something I can eat once in awhile.I live in WV and a lot of things are more expensive than they may be in other states yet, we are a "poorer" state,go figure.

I do eat chicken a few times a week though. my problem is I get tired of eating the same things over and over no matter how its cooked,seasoned,etc. Im weird lol.But thanks for the suggestions
    Used to get greek yogurt at Wally World. Sorry, can't remember the brand. Roast chicken can be obtained there as well. It's quick, easy and fairly inexpensive.
    What about almond butter? It's another cheap alternative. Have you tried tofu? Very inexpensive and versatile. Hit the deli section for lunch meat. Another vote for cottage cheese. Eggs, you would be hard pressed to find a cheaper source of protein. Look into steel cut oatmeal. Not a lot of protein, but again very versatile. All should be available at your local Wally World.