Weigh myself throughout the day I need help

Options
I weigh myself throughout the day and I want to stop the habit. I am going to weigh myself once a week starting this week. I wanted to get someone to hide the scale somewhere for me and not tell me where they hid it at.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry hun. i had the same problem and literally threw-out our scale a year or so ago and my hubby was mad!!! (he has since bought a new one) i am down to several times per week, it's all about self-control. i think once per week is a good goal.
    good luck. sorry, i don't have any real advice. :ohwell:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Throw it out or contain yourself! Once in the morning is plenty.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Well who do you have in your house or a close friend that can help you out? BUT if you are going to learn to control your diet and get a routine of exercise then you also need to control stepping on that scale...it's all part of the package to a healthy YOU.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Once a week is more than enough. That's just my opinion. You're just gonna drive yourself crazy. Relax.:flowerforyou:
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Put it somewhere that it'll be a pain to go get to multiple times a day, like in a bush somewhere in your yard or something
  • ealbrow
    Options
    I put my scale on the top shelf of my closet where it's hard to reach. That way, I won't want to go through all the trouble getting it down. That being said, I once heard that the best time to weigh yourself is Wednesday morning - that's when your weight at it's average. So, if you do feel the need to weigh yourself, I'd say make it once a week Wednesday mornings to get the most accurate reading. But also, take measurements of your body. The scale is going to measure your weight, yes, but that's not including muscle gain, fat loss, etc. Take pictures, too. You'll be able to see differences. Just remember, the scale isn't going to tell you how intelligent, nice, and beautiful you are.
  • StriversNYC
    StriversNYC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    just put in the closet and take it out once a week
  • raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself more than once a day is a waste of time. As your day unfolds, you put on weight from the food and water you drink and lose it from burning energy and doing what comes naturally. This means that your weight will be all over the place throughout the day. Unless you do and eat EXACTLY the same things at the same time every day, multiple weighings have no basis in science or logic. If you must weigh yourself once a day, do it at the same time, having done the same things, every day. I weigh myself every day immediately before breakfast because I am trying to find any relationship between weight loss and various food types. Once I can establish the nutrition/weight loss technique that best suits my physiology, I will weigh only once a week.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I put my scale on the top shelf of my closet where it's hard to reach. That way, I won't want to go through all the trouble getting it down. That being said, I once heard that the best time to weigh yourself is Wednesday morning - that's when your weight at it's average. So, if you do feel the need to weigh yourself, I'd say make it once a week Wednesday mornings to get the most accurate reading. But also, take measurements of your body. The scale is going to measure your weight, yes, but that's not including muscle gain, fat loss, etc. Take pictures, too. You'll be able to see differences. Just remember, the scale isn't going to tell you how intelligent, nice, and beautiful you are.

i agree with this about taking measurements. very good idea. i have lost inches in the past, but not pounds (or 1 lb) and it is far more encouraging to see 4" gone from my waist measurement than 4 pounds lost.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I get the urge to weigh myself sometimes but I prefer to stick to once a month, by week 3 I really want to know what I've lost.