Any fellow Turbo Fire, TJam, Hip Hop Abs, Rockin Body users

Options
kelfox
kelfox Posts: 16 Member
Hey all, I'm new here. I just got back on the exercise wagon with my husband. Today I tried my new set of Turbo Fire DVDs and they are intense. I love the other DVDs we bought and they really help me enjoy the workout and if I can push myself...I do! I use weighted gloves and I'm considering investing in a weighted vest, but I'm not sure I'll be able to jump around as easily. I don' t want it to hinder my enjoyment or lessen my feeling of accomplishment. I'm working off baby fat....from 4 years ago. My body settled in with much more weight than I wanted it to keep so I have to literally work my *ss off when I want to drop lbs because my natural metabolism is slow as molassas. If anyone else is using these workouts let me know, I would love to get a good calorie counter so I really know what I'm working off on each workout, too. My biggest challenge is probably finding new regular meals at home to enjoy that are healthy and non-boring. Thx for listening! -Kel

Replies

• Stephanie191991
    Options
    I started using Turbo Jam (again)
  • Teamfiregrace
    Options
    Hi Kel! I am also using TurboFire and Turbo Jam as well as Chalean Extreme! I had a baby 3 years ago and just really let myself go. I had lost weight in 2005 with Turbo Jam so I know it works.
    I use a FitBit to monitor my calories burned throughout the day and my workouts. I also use a Bowflex heart monitor. Typically I burn about 280 calories doing TF Fire 30 and almost 200 doing the HIIT 15 workout!
    I am also looking for accountablilty. Feel free to add me as a Turbo friend :)
  • ckgis4me
    Options
    I can't give you any info on calorie burn, but you may be able to find something that is close in the database (time and intensity). Did you like Hip Hop Abs? I'm not much of a dancer, but anything is better than crunches! Take care!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Turbo Jam user. I just did week 1, day 5 today. I LOVE it.
  • kelfox
    Options
    Wow, such fast responses. Cool.
    @ck, I really like Hip Hop Abs, and for even more dancing u would like Rockin Body. It's with the same instructor Shaun T. He is funny and the moves can be challenging enough that u can find a way to push yourself even after doing that workout many times. I use weighted gloves and it makes a huge diff.
    @Tattooed, way to go, Turbo Jam is much fun. Turbo Fire kicked my tale. It is definitely for those extreme high energy days or to break a plateau.
    @TeamFiredGrace; yay! I forgot, we also have ChaLean Xtreme, but it doesn't keep my interest because of the pace. Maybe I'll try it again soon because the results are obvious, and we have the easy to use Bowflex adjustable barbells. Those HIIT workouts are a killer, my body was fired up all day and night, could hardly sleep at night becuase my body was burning the midnight oil. Great results. Just need to figure out how to get to sleep. haha
    @Steph, good for you. I keep going back to my faves, too.
    Nice to meet you all! -Kel
    Happy New Years Eve!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Turbo Jam tonight! I'm excited to get started. I've done 2 rounds of P90X and loved it but wanted something different. I can't wait til it arrives next week! Happy New Year everyone!!!
  • kelfox
    Options
    Jenny, U should love it. U can bring up the intensity anytime, which is pretty cool. P90x...impressive!
  • ckgis4me
    Options
    Thanks for the info...can't wait for the dvds to arrive! I'll try the hand waits too.
  • kelfox
    Options
    The hand weights from WalMart, Body Glove brand I think, really are much more comfortable than the ones Beachbody provides. The velcro on the Beachbody gloves didn't last long enough and the fit wasn't as comfortable. The Wmart gloves are under $15 and worth the comfort. I also wear them for Wii dance games to give me a great workout, so having my palms free to hold the remote (or even a hand weight for extra workout) really helps. Enjoy!
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love using hip hop abs and turbo jam. I also do zumba. I was told by my doctor that I should mix it up a bit. It's been awesome so far. I love doing exercise that keeps my attention.
  • kelfox
    Options
    Me, too. Plain old weight lifting is boring for me and I lose interest.