P90X, Insanity, turboFire, TurboJam, shred, zumba, etc what

juliana1977
juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
should I get? I will get myself, for my b-day (b/c I can't shop for clothes untill loose weight), one exercise DVD to do at home. I do go to the gym 3 times a week and swim for about 30/45 minutes. I want to do something at home that would take me no more than 40 minutes.
HELP!!
Which one should I get??? What is your opinion about them? Never did any of them, but I have a friend that got serious injuries from Insanity, so this is the only feedback I have!

Thanks for your input!!

Replies

• erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    I'm gonna start the Insanity workouts on Monday.....the workouts seem to be under 45 minutes....
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    A group of us here on MFP are starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow... we'll have a check-in thread going on indefinitely, and there's no competition -- just support and encouragement toward one another so that we're more likely to stick to completing the entire workout program. Shred workouts, I believe, are 20 minutes each. You are more than welcome to join us!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    30 Day shred by Jillian Michaels 10 bucks Target. 20 minute workouts, start with that.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    I haven't done any of them, but my sisters and friends have done P90X and have liked it a lot..the problem is the workouts are 60-90minutes so it sounds like longer than you are hoping for. Definitely not a quick workout!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    The only one I have used (so far) is Turbo Jam. I am a beginner and some other MFP people suggested it to me. I did day 5 today and LOVE it. It's a great starter program, I cant wait to try all the workouts! (There is a schedule to follow so I've only done 2 so far). I like it so much, that I'm already trying to decide it I want to do Turbo Fire or Chalean Extreme next.

Oh, I didnt see "Shred" in your title. I did the Shred before Turbo Jam for 17 Days in a row. I would of done it longer, eventhough I was getting bored with it, but I was super excited to start TJ.
This discussion has been closed.